10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had two just like it on mine. Looked on-line and from a local rim repair shop under wheel repair. It took about 4 hours to fix but you can't even tell it happened. Cost about $165 (DC metro area price) per wheel. Cheaper than new rims.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, i know how i usually are with curb rubbing and stuff, and since I paid big dollars for these Rims, I decided to get the dealer optional tire protection for 5 years. If i do anything to them, they will repair or replace

Attachments

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
@Civicboomer has the right idea. Here in the Minneapolis, MN area I've found (3) fairly good places to have rims with damage like this repaired. Going rate has been between $125-$200, depending upon the amount of damage I've presented and what sort of refinishing the rim requires, and I've had good results with all (3) shops here. One wheel had taken enough of a hit that it was pretty badly bent but they managed to bring it back into true with ease, and I'd recommend finding a local vendor rather than paying to ship your wheel(s) to an out-of-town source.

Sorry that this is such crappy news; hoping that you were't thinking that there was an "easy" answer, such as a chemical you could buy at the local Parts Depot to make this go away. That simply doesn't exist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts