10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start the car, the Sensing system doesn't stop wanting to reset. I'm driving down the street and it's still resetting. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
That's odd, I've head of it not working but this is the first time I've heard of it resetting itself constantly.
Best to bring it into your dealership to look over.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
You might want to call up Honda and ask if there's any way to reset it, might be some way to do that in a way it doesn't do anything you wouldn't want to, just more of something to clear the error. At least then once your clear the error, if it continues to come up, make your way to the dealer, chances are there's a real problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It looks like something hasn't been reset properly in your car, so it isn't initializing properly.

If you want to try this before taking it in, simply disconnect the negative cable from the battery and keep it completely disconnected for 10-15 minutes to allow all of the electronic systems to completely drain themselves of energy and power off. Then, reconnect the negative cable to the battery and start the car. Let it run for a few minutes to initialize itself. Then you'll also need to drive it a bit to complete the initialization and set up of all the systems.

If this doesn't take care of the issue, then you definitely need to get to your dealer as soon and as carefully as you can!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Couldn't find the hill assist malfunction icon in the owner's manual. o_O

Did find the brake one in your first picture: "There is a problem with one of the braking systems, the electric parking brake system, or the automatic brake hold system."

Hope it just needs a system just needs a reboot and there isn't' really a problem with the brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts