10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is advertised and indicates on the Honda website that you can get a Civic LX with the optional "Honda sensing system", but I have yet to see one optioned with it. Same story for the Accord... apparently it is also optional even on the Accord LX, but I have not seen one of those either with the option on any of our local dealer lots and we have three. Has anyone yet seen a '16 Civic LX or a '16 Accord LX with this option? I am sure fewer LX models will be optioned with it as people are looking for more affordable cars. I think it is great they offer the advanced safety on the lower trim lines so more people can afford it, I wish more car makers could follow suit. FWIW, I have seen a few EX on our lot with the sensing system option. Another thing I have noticed is the "Touring" models seem to have an extra "eye/sensor" on the windshield next to the one that the others with sensing system has... I wonder what that one is?

·
Registered
41 Posts
The dealership where I bought my Accord has five LX Accords with Sensing right now, out of 83 total 2016 Accords. So that doesn't seem too bad. No LX Civics with it, but they also only have six 2016 Civics total, so I wouldn't really expect them to yet.

Reactions: Tennesseestorm

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is advertised and indicates on the Honda website that you can get a Civic LX with the optional "Honda sensing system", but I have yet to see one optioned with it. Same story for the Accord... apparently it is also optional even on the Accord LX, but I have not seen one of those either with the option on any of our local dealer lots and we have three. Has anyone yet seen a '16 Civic LX or a '16 Accord LX with this option? I am sure fewer LX models will be optioned with it as people are looking for more affordable cars. I think it is great they offer the advanced safety on the lower trim lines so more people can afford it, I wish more car makers could follow suit. FWIW, I have seen a few EX on our lot with the sensing system option. Another thing I have noticed is the "Touring" models seem to have an extra "eye/sensor" on the windshield next to the one that the others with sensing system has... I wonder what that one is?
I believe the extra sensor is for the rain sensing wipers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealership where I bought my Accord has five LX Accords with Sensing right now, out of 83 total 2016 Accords. So that doesn't seem too bad. No LX Civics with it, but they also only have six 2016 Civics total, so I wouldn't really expect them to yet.

Ah, so they do exist! lol. I was beginning to wonder. I have not seen that option even on many of the EX models on our local lots, which is strange. I do not think any of our three local dealers have anywhere near 80 '16 Accords on the lots either, lol. Maybe 25-40 tops at each lot. It is definitely a feature I would like to get on my next Honda whether it be a '16 Accord LX or '16 Civic LX/EX. Thanks!

I believe the extra sensor is for the rain sensing wipers.

Thanks. That makes sense. I was wondering what extra feature the Touring had that made it have that extra "eye". ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am still seeing very few Civics with the "sensing" package on our local dealers lots. I guess it isn't a highly desired feature in our area. I have not seen a Civic LX optioned with it and only a couple of EX's with it and of course the Touring which has it standard. I have seen a few Tourings on the local lots.

I also have yet to see the first '16 Accord LX with the option... on our local lots that is and very few EX models with it. Maybe there will be more eventually.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks.

My guess is that it will be a rarely seen option on the base LX models, at least for awhile. I imagine in the next few years, most cars will have this as standard equipment.

·
Registered
124 Posts
In my opinion if you are in the market for a new Civic and wanted the "Honda Sensing" I would at least step up to the EX trim. Get the nicer dash and wheels for a little extra change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts