10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to swap out my low beams from stock this weekend then high beam the weekend after. The daytime running lights have sort of a blue hue to them and with the lows on, they are yellowish and don't jive well. What are your thoughts between Sylvania's Silverstar Ultra and the zXe line?

·
Registered
198 Posts
zXe will get you closer to the color you want but will burn out faster than the SS Ultras will

Reactions: hfpdohc

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Check out the bulb life on the packaging zXe is only rated for 150 hours, that's like every oil change. I believe ultra is 250, you may get lucky and get two or three years out of either set or you may only get a couple of months like many reviews. So far the only good replacement for the low beams is HID unfortunately halogen and LED don't work well with the projectors .

·
Registered
3 Posts
The zxe's are nice, I had them on my 9th gen and loved them. But like others said I did find myself replacing them a lot more often. I've never had the ultras but like you, I'm in the same position.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would go with the Philips X-treme... they are about 3700K, last longer and provide a nice upgrade with about 20% more light at 1700Lums. Or you can go with the H9 modification for the bulbs and get 2000lums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts