10th Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
That sucks. Did you disconnect the battery long enough for the car to go through initialization? It would be obvious if it did, because the infotaiment system would be out of service.

I disconnected it for between 5-10 minutes. I restarted the car and let it run for about 30 minutes. I was hoping it would last more than two weeks.

How long did you leave yours disconnected for?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good luck! Did you ensure that the car started it's re initialization procedure?

Yes, it went through the normal initialization process and I am on day 6 of normal operation. I really hope Honda comes up with a fix before my first oil change....

·
Registered
10 Posts
got exactly the same problem with my Honda Civic Touring 2017. I've visited my Honda dealer 3 times about it and they still don't know how to fix it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had this same issue from about the third week of ownership. Took it back to the dealer to complain and they claimed no problem found. . . I had to demonstrate the issue to them TWICE before they finally understood (it is easily repeatable). They had to do a bunch of investigating and were told by Honda that a fix would be forthcoming.

The contacted me in mid-June of this year and told me they were ready. They had to replace the BCM with an updated version, and replace the locking module assembly and reprogram both keys. It has worked perfectly ever since.

Honda now seems to be aware of this issue and anyone who's been enduring this should be able to get it remedied. I recommend having it done while the car is still under warranty as I'm assuming that to pay out-of-pocket for this would be prohibitive.

Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I am so glad I found this thread because this started happening to me a few days ago. The dealership with "researching" the problem.

The dealership found no issue with our's. I was lucky enough to stumble across the reset on another site. Haven't had problems in well over a year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had my hatch 2 years now and on my third episode.. Anyone know if they ever fixed this? I guess I'll be disconnecting the battery again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Keyless Entry won't open the door

I have similar problem.

I bought a pre-owned Honda Civic EX 2016 couple of days back. Everything checked out fine, while buying.

Until today, I started noticing issues with Keyless entry. I would walk up to the door with smart key and place my hand under the door handle, all doors makes unlocking sound and beeps. However, when I pull the door handle, it won’t open, feels like it’s still locked. Tried many times to pull the door handle, it won’t open. Every time I place my hand inside handle, beeps. Then I walked up to the passenger side door, that opened fine. Ultimately I had to open the driver side door from inside. It doesn’t happen all the time, but happened twice so far.

Also, I noticed, sometimes driver side door is making screeching sound while opening the door from inside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 2018 Civic Hatchback EXL-Navi for 5 months. No issues until I returned from my 10-day Christmas trip. Both fobs blink when any button is pressed, but the car does not respond at all. No sound or lights. Placing my hand on the door handles does not get a response either.

I have never disconnected a battery. Anything I should know in terms of safety? Is this still the only work-around? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tried the battery disconnection fix, but didn’t work out. It seems, if the trunk is opened when the car is locked, driver side door proximity sensor doesn’t open the door, other doors get unlocked though.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts