10th Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It happened to me once, the culprit was my phone sitting in front of the shifter, would not allow the car to go fully all the way into park. Once I moved the phone it went fully into park and I could turn the car off.
Can u believe I just read this **** cuz I had the same issue and it was a god **** penny in the way. Lmao

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup, her car (accessories) wouldn't turn off - it was a glass case that kept the shifter from going completely into park. Moved the glass case, put the car in park, and she walked away happy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, and I almost did not bother to post thinking it might be irrelevant LOL
So glad I was able to help! >:)
Wowww same issue on my 2015 civic - a battery pack was preventing the car from being in park, prob a matter of millimeters. Moved the battery pack and solved my issue. Saved me a trip to the shop!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drove home from work today like normal. Pushed the engine start/stop button before getting out of the car. The radio was still on, and the dash was still on, with Accessory Mode, push "start/stop" twice to turn off, or something similar to that.

I pushed the button twice. It went to accessory mode.

I started the engine, drove the car out of the drive way, came back, pushed the button to turn off the car... accessory mode.

turned the car on, turned the car off.... accessory mode.

Moved the keys all away from the car. Started the car (which i could do because it WAS STILL IN ACCESSORY MODE) and drove the car, meanwhile there was a big warning saying there was no key fob in the proximity. Parked the car, pushed the on/off button.... accessory mode.

I have tried everything I can think of, the car wont lock. It wont exit accessory mode unless its in full on start. Someone could come along and steal my car because I cant turn it off.

Any ideas? I phoned roadside assistance, they had no suggestions except to call the dealership in the morning.

Honda Civic EX
So this just happened to my Honda Civic 2017. I let my father in law use the car and he called me telling me the main big screen wouldn’t turn off after turning off car and then when he would try to lock it after it would allow him to lock it. So I told him to turn the car on once again make sure all doors where closed and then take the emergency brake off and put the car in D(drive) then firmly put it back to P(parking) and then told him to turn off car and it worked. Everything turned off and was able to lock again.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts