10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the question asks. What mods have you done?

I pick my car up very soon however in 2 weeks I will be installing the following stereo components:

JL Audio JX500/1 Monoblock Amplifier
JL Audio 12W3v3 Subwoofer in sealed enclosure/box
Clarion XC1400 4ch Amplifier

other interior speakers will come later.

I would also like to do a Xenon/HID kit but I don't know which one to get. Would probably want to change the interior LEDs as well and will probably plastidip the emblems when the weather is a bit warmer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just like the question asks. What mods have you done?

I pick my car up very soon however in 2 weeks I will be installing the following stereo components:

JL Audio JX500/1 Monoblock Amplifier
JL Audio 12W3v3 Subwoofer in sealed enclosure/box
Clarion XC1400 4ch Amplifier

other interior speakers will come later.

I would also like to do a Xenon/HID kit but I don't know which one to get. Would probably want to change the interior LEDs as well and will probably plastidip the emblems when the weather is a bit warmer.
I got these for my interior map/dome/trunk lights

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01KUJSDV8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And if you wanna do LED reverse lights too, I got these ones. Super easy to install

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LCN5XD2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They got delivered relatively quick.

My friend hooked me up with some HIDs and planning to do HID fogs when it gets warmer!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I got these for my interior map/dome/trunk lights

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01KUJSDV8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And if you wanna do LED reverse lights too, I got these ones. Super easy to install

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LCN5XD2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They got delivered relatively quick.

My friend hooked me up with some HIDs and planning to do HID fogs when it gets warmer!
These are the exact LEDs needed? How many did you need?

I may look into an aftermarket catback exhaust in the future, but I don't think there is any just yet and not sure if I want to drop a whole ton of money on an exhaust

·
Registered
26 Posts
These are the exact LEDs needed? How many did you need?

I may look into an aftermarket catback exhaust in the future, but I don't think there is any just yet and not sure if I want to drop a whole ton of money on an exhaust
yeah they're the right bulbs. i only needed 4? 2 for the map lights, 1 for the dome and 1 for the trunk. might as well buy 10 for extras lol

i think the exhaust is actually fine as is. considering stock is dual tipped, i think if you get anything else would make it look weird lol

i'd rather just get an intake or a BOV and call it a day

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my EX w/ Sensing, I've done OE leather steering wheel and shift knob, OE sport gloss black window trim, Morimoto LED headlight bulbs, LEDs in the interior main lights. Tint and full front end clear film protection.

Right now I'm researching the non-US LED OE fogs and how to get them. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've done mainly cosmetic and mainly stock Honda. I have a red Civic sports touring. Wrapped roof, half of the hood. Interior illumination kits. Qi charger. Nose mask. Alternate fin in black.

Future mods: Hondata ECU flash. Cat back system. Cold air intake. I am thinking of a coil over kit but haven't decided. Driving light LED upgrade.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I cashed out once I bought it stock cause it came with sensing and paint was lush, the only mods are elbow grease on my part to clean, clean and keep it clean! ELBOW Grease, effort, grind. That's the mods we need guaranteed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
my 2017 hatchback sport

Hello there, I'm still pretty new to all of this but I'm learning quickly. I got my 2017 black honda hatchback sport about two months ago. Ive done mostly small minor modifications, however I plan on doing much more once spring comes along. So far Ive put on raingaurds, tinted the windows 35% all around, installed rallyarmour mud flaps, but only in the back. Ive also installed morimoto LED's, i opted for yellow fog films instead of buying new fog lights. I think they look great, they appear almost as yellow as real yellow fog lights. I dipped the honda emblems on both front and back, also debadged it. I added two more fins on each side of the one it already came with on the roof. Ive also got the cold air intake in it, I went with one from AF Dynamice, looks and sounds great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No mods as of right now, however i'm waiting on some goodies to come in the mail later this week and next!

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Ktuner,Password JDM PARTS.sirimoto strut bar.Leather center console,Back led front markers.Hyper racing oil cap,Red Type-R OEM wheel center caps,front and rear H emblems genuine OEM,bought em at my Honda dealership.More Carbon fiber to come for the interior......PRL intake Tube

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice mods!! How hard was it to install the radio head unit? How much was it? Is it smooth to use?
Not hard at all although no real instructions were included. However there are some really helpful videos on YouTube that show how to remove the trim and set it up.

And this one that details fine tuning the software

The software integration is pretty seamless with the cars hardware and running Android along all of the apps is amazing. Very smooth and works well over WiFi through my phone's hotspot. Purchased it for a little over $400 for the higher spec unit.

https://phoenixandroidradios.com/products/10-2-android-navigation-radio-for-honda-civic-2016-2017

Highly recommend it so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ktuner,Password JDM PARTS.sirimoto strut bar.Leather center console,Back led front markers.Hyper racing oil cap,Red Type-R OEM wheel center caps,front and rear H emblems genuine OEM,bought em at my Honda dealership.More Carbon fiber to come for the interior......PRL intake Tube
How's ktuner? Kept hearing it and also hondata. Which one is better? How much noticeable gain did you feel?

H

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice mods!! How hard was it to install the radio head unit? How much was it? Is it smooth to use?
Not hard at all although no real instructions were included. However there are some really helpful videos on YouTube that show how to remove the trim and set it up.

And this one that details fine tuning the software

The software integration is pretty seamless with the cars hardware and running Android along all of the apps is amazing. Very smooth and works well over WiFi through my phone's hotspot. Purchased it for a little over $400 for the higher spec unit.

https://phoenixandroidradios.com/products/10-2-android-navigation-radio-for-honda-civic-2016-2017

Highly recommend it so far.
Thanks for the info! I haven't bought the car yet and one of the reasons is the ugly radio head unit in the sport. Now that looks great! How about the tesla style one? Have you seen it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the info! I haven't bought the car yet and one of the reasons is the ugly radio head unit in the sport. Now that looks great! How about the tesla style one? Have you seen it?
You're welcome! Not sure about the larger "tesla screen" though. Post pics of your new ride once you get it! ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts