10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i decided to put star lights in my civic, here’s how it went. To start i took out my oh sh** handles then took out my interior lights, those two were very easy to remove but had some problems getting my sun blockers out it’s surprisingly very complicated (if anyone needs help on this i’m glad to help you out) taking the headliner out was very hard to do do with out bending the headliner i took it out of the front passenger door. next i wanted to change the color of my headliner before i started anything with the stars so i went out and baught red fabric to match my red hubcaps. what i did was sprayed the headliner with adhesive spray then pressed the fabric. now it helps a lot to have another person with you to hold it up as you get every crease of the headliner. when i was done with that i cut it out and left a little hang off so i could wrap it around to give it a natural look. next it was time to mark out 450 holes so what i did was made a grid on the top of my headliner with marker i did some math and figured out that 5 holes in each grid would be best then i’d have 45 holes left over that i could add to spots i wanted to have more lights (like the middle of my headliner). after that i taped my fiber optic cables into 2 parts to make it more organized (i tried to do it with out organization and it was a complete mess i had to redo it) then poked holes with a safety pin then i fed a single fiber optic cable threw that hole all the way till it was almost tight. after all 450 are done i went and glued all the cables in spot they would not move (lots of people like to touch the cables so it is necessary to glue them well) after that i figured out i wanted to wire it behind my glove box into my port. so i baught a extension and it was surprisingly easy the glove box just popped out. next i got all my interior in (i also painted them black) next i put my headliner in and got everything situated now it’s time for the last step i had a friend help me but all there is next is to cut the hanging optic cables with nail clippers. it turned out really well but took a extremely long time to get done. here is how it looks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts