10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just trade-in Hrv for the Crv last month. Now I want to add the Civic to the family. I am stumble between the EX and EX-T. My heart want the EX-T for it turbo and bigger engine. But they offer me for $18600 for the EX and $20900 for EX-T. Would you guys settle for the EX for $2500 different? Or it's worth to go with the EX-T for $20900? Money is not the big issue but want to get a better deal between the two! Love to hear your input! Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
The difference in sticker from EX to EX-T is $1,160. Tell the dealer if they'll do $18,600 for the EX you won't do more than $19,750 for the EX-T.

The -T would be worth the $1,150 to me for the turbo. (It also adds fog lights, bun warmers, dual zone climate, Sirius XM, and HD Radio. What are any of those worth to you?) It's a non starter from that dealer at $2,300. They must have an EX they want to move. Try another dealer with the $19,750.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked with 5+ dealerships. The cheapest for EX is $18600 and could get EX-T down to $20600 (but have to wait 2/3 weeks for the car). That is the lowest price for Seattle market unless someone else got better deal nearby?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Seattle sounds like it's now a buyers market for EX and a seller's market for EX-T. I guess you've got to ask yourself if it's worth that premium to you. (Wondering whether those cheap EXs are fresh off the piston pin snap ring recall line?)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope not! That is another issue I have to weight-in for the price gap. Maybe I need to work harder to get that EX-T down for $20k. Will see!!!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If your heart is already set on the EX-T then you may as well wait and try to get it at your price point. There's always the method of asking dealerships to beat each other's lowest price and see if that works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts