10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah it's the same color, the only different blue would be the aegean blue metallic and the cosmic blue metallic. However, the cosmic blue metallic is only in the sedan model.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I have experience with automotive paint and typically car makers are very specific about paints, if there's even the slightest of a change they'll change the name slightly to represent that. So if that was the case here, one of the Aegean Blue's would be called 'Aegean Blue 2' or something along those lines. Even checking the paint code will give you another confirmation since that too is very specific. But from what i've seen it's the same color, online pictures aren't the most reliable.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The new web configurator used for the coupe doesn't make the color code visible. The sedan shows Aegean Blue as B-593M. But the parts catalog for the Coupe shows that color. Curiously, the parts catalog calls B-593M "Brilliant Sporty Blue Metallic".
Might be the difference between what the supplier calls the color and what honda decided to call it based on what was more market friendly.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Polished Metal Metallic is EXCLUSIVE to the Hatch 5 door meaning this color is not available in the sedan or coupe which is "just as well' since it looks so stunning in the hatch!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Polished Metal Metallic is EXCLUSIVE to the Hatch 5 door meaning this color is not available in the sedan or coupe which is "just as well' since it looks so stunning in the hatch!
Thank GOODNESS! That's the answer to the question that nobody here asked.

I bought the touch-up paint for my Aegean Blue hatch and it's marked "Brilliant Sporty Blue Metallic". I've used it and I'll agree that it's a perfect match, so I'll side with @RobbJK88 and @dick w : the vendor and manufacturer are calling the colour by two different names, but they seem to be the very same.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thank GOODNESS! That's the answer to the question that nobody here asked.

I bought the touch-up paint for my Aegean Blue hatch and it's marked "Brilliant Sporty Blue Metallic". I've used it and I'll agree that it's a perfect match, so I'll side with @RobbJK88 and @dick w : the vendor and manufacturer are calling the colour by two different names, but they seem to be the very same.
I despise the name Brilliant Sporty Blue (is the "Metallic" even necessary at this point?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts