10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

My GF just bought a 2017 Civic EX-L coupe. The audio system is pretty nice but she wants a little more bass.
So Im looking at putting in a pioneer 12" shallow mount subwoofer and shallow mount box in the trunk so not steal too much of her trunk space.

I just have question about a couple things.

It looks like she has a factory sub right next to the rear speakers. Is everyone tapping the stock sub for an input or the rear speakers or are you guys going all the way to the head unit. (trying to avoid this) I have seen a lot of mixed conclusions as to what to use. Im thinking the sub input is pretty obvious but if there is a better source please let me know.

I am also wondering how you guys are getting through the firewall of the car to the battery. Are you going through an existing grommet? if so it is on the passenger side or the driver side?

Is there a switched 12v in the trunk that I can use for a signal wire or are you guys going all the way to the head unit?

If these have already been pointed out please let me know. I have searched but it seems like the EX-L is a model that many do not have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too!

I also just purchased a 2017 exl coupe and need more bass. When I increase my volume the bass sounds horrible. I want a nice deeper bass sound hopefully without replacing the head unit. my 2014 exl had better bass than my new exl! :surprise:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up getting it installed. It was pretty easy actually. only thing left to finish is a modified grommet since i pushed mine through for the hood release. I ended up getting a 6 gauge wire through.

also using a AudioControl LC2I which probably wasnt necessary but ive had bad luck using the high level input on cheap amps. But so far so good. ended up mounting amp under the seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts