10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm a 6'4 over 300... I fit
Car seats extremely comfortable. Overwhelmed with all the controls. Touring model.
Super quiet unless you step on it. Turbo....
Steering was very responsive.
Everything felt very solid not like my 6 year old Prius.
Trunk is huge, carpet is cheap...
The price of the Touring is a bargain with all the safety features.
The 7" display is the best I've seen. Color was outstanding.

MSRP was the price. I'm to call back in morning, gave a story about a 2:30 appointment to show car. Ha.....Document fees, rip off.

Trade in is my kicker, may bite the bullet, they only had one car with touring edition and it was the dark gray.... Looking for lunar gray..

Another dealer in morning. Has a lunar gray coming in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What was your impression on the speed/acceleration? Did it put a smile on your face?

Also, what's your overall feel on the interior? Did it seem like luxury or just borderline at best?

this question goes to anyone else who test drove as well :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just test drove the EX trim. Fantastic feel. I felt like my 2012 was too low to the ground, but everything feels right in the 2016 even though it's even lower ! But I'm still torn between Black or WOP !! grrrrrrr

·
Registered
182 Posts
How is road noise ? Is center arm rest functional, with respect to resting an arm on it while driving ?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Sounds like the only downside is a cheap carpet but that can be easily fixed with a trunk mat. Maybe bargain a bit to see if they can waive the document fees.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ditto for my experience. 250 lbs, not quite so tall. LOTS of headroom, easy in-out. EX 2.0 had very good acceleration. Road noise? What road noise? Noticed wheel wells were lined with sound absorbent material, like my Maxima.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I test drove a ex 2.0. The ride was good and it was very quiet. My only downer is the seatbelt buckle seemed cheap. And I hate that the backseat doesn't have cushions with cloth on the outer edges just two big pieces of plastic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Do you recall if it had the overhead console accent lighting that softly illuminates the console at night?
I don't know about that, but I did notice that some of the lights did dim. I check out a civic in the evening. The sun was setting. The head lights were on but not on auto. I switched it to auto and the lights inside the car dimmed. The HUD, the touch screen, the little blue led light that shines down above the shifter turned on. Everything seemed to get ready for night driving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The CVT's upshifting --->
"The CVT even does a reasonable imitation of a *conventional automatic when the driver mashes the throttle pedal to the floor, “upshifting” at its 6000-rpm power peak." Car & Driver

What are your thoughts on it simulating shifts? (I hate this btw)

·
Registered
8 Posts
The CVT's upshifting --->
"The CVT even does a reasonable imitation of a *conventional automatic when the driver mashes the throttle pedal to the floor, “upshifting” at its 6000-rpm power peak." Car & Driver

What are your thoughts on it simulating shifts? (I hate this btw)
I agree, no sense in faking it, I would rather get the drone right on the power than to flirt around it to create some sort of nostalgia.

I mean, IT would be weird for a rocket to act like it can shift right?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree, no sense in faking it, I would rather get the drone right on the power than to flirt around it to create some sort of nostalgia.

I mean, IT would be weird for a rocket to act like it can shift right?
Yes it would be. I have a CVT Honda Fit and thoroughly enjoy it. The RPM to stay at it's peak powerband seems perfect for me. Non of that simulation crap.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't know about that, but I did notice that some of the lights did dim. I check out a civic in the evening. The sun was setting. The head lights were on but not on auto. I switched it to auto and the lights inside the car dimmed. The HUD, the touch screen, the little blue led light that shines down above the shifter turned on. Everything seemed to get ready for night driving.
When we purchased our Toyota Highlander in 2008 it has the little led light that shines down from the roof to the shifter and cup holders. Took me 5 minutes to figure out where the heck the flow was coming from. At the time I thought it was so cool.:nerd:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Do you recall if it had the overhead console accent lighting that softly illuminates the console at night?
Yes on the upper trims it does for sure. Drove a Touring model this past Monday and it has an LED up near the Sunroof controls that shines down into the shifter and center console area.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm 5'1" (female) I grew up in the 70's muscle car era, but I'm also a techie, so I loved all the gadgets inside my Touring model, and driving it really put a smile on my face.
And when the turbo kicked in, I caught myself giggling :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts