10th Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to Robertson Honda (North Hollywood, CA) today for a recall to update parking brake software on 2016 Civic Coupe, and when I brought up the third brake light cover falling issue, the service manager told me that there is a recall on it too. On my service sheet, it states RECALL 16-099: 2Dr High Mount Stop Light. Though I am not able to find information on this recall on Honda site or forums.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Product Advisory Notice

I received a product advisory notice in the mail today.
Call dealer to have part REPLACED.
Maybe new updated part????

·
Registered
31 Posts
My dealership told me this was a design flaw and that the 17s will not have this problem.

I can confirm that the dealership is incorrect. I just noticed the cover in my 2017 flopped down. I just went over 3000km. Very annoying.

Question I have is do I wait for my first oil change or just take it in. Opinions?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
So the past few months Honda North America has been pestering me to bring my CIVIC in for their Updated Part So i had the appointment on Monday. 2 hours time.
Even though the original part was glued by a outside source (Mister Glass of Manchester NH) which held up perfectly. :)
We shall see how long this part lasts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You all would think this issue is fixed in 2021? Lol I just purchased a used civic si 2019 and this is very much still going on, dealership changed the whole thing only to come up with the same falling off cover. Any tips or any clues to suggest? Frustrating to have come in and out of dealership with unfixed issue

81 - 89 of 89 Posts