10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am the proud new owner (I get delivery of it on Thursday) of a 2017 Civic EX-T Coupe 6sp manual in Energy Green. This will be my third Honda, the first being an 85 CRX and the second a 97 Accord LX.

Last week I decided it was time to trade in my 2013 Rio SX. The Rio was the first auto I had owned in my life and I felt it was time to back to rowing my own. Went on Good Friday to look at the local Hyundai, Nissan, Toyota and Honda dealerships. Hyundai had jack. Nissan had a Micra or two. A little too small and basic for me. At the Toyota dealer that had an 86 that made me think for a minute but then realized that it was a little over my budget. Everything else was your typical Toyota appliances.

Then I went to the Honda dealer the only non-base model car with a stick was an Energy Green EX-T coupe. At first I thought 'I'm 48, not 28.." No thanks. Then on Easter Sunday I went back and it kinda grew on me. On Tuesday I sent an email to a sales rep and made an appointment to see the car on Tuesday after work. By the time I got there the car had been sold to a dealer in Peterborough. I was sunk. By now the Green was the only one I wanted. The dealer finally located one in Huntsville, a relief as I didn't know how long I would have to wait for them to make another one.

I've been naming my cars in the last decade. An '06 Focus "The Silver Bullet", the Rio being "Mighty Mouse". I think my new coupe with be "The Green Hornet".....

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Nice ^^^^^^that little turbo has all kinds of potential.Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: hfpdohc

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
" Toyota appliances " LOL how true. Welcome, I think 48 is the perfect age for energy green, now to spend thousands in mod's and chalk it up to middle age crises.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts