10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2016 touring with right at 5000 miles. I have the CVT surging issue which is temp fix when u disconnect the battery. BUT I think my car is dangerous due to when I press the gas from a complete stop - let's say I'm turning left accross 2 or 3 lanes of traffic. I press the gas rather hard to get accross safely but barely move but enough to have me right in the middle of a really bad spot. Then all of the sudden something kicks in and kicks me so fast it could cause me to wreck. I'm not sure what to call it. It's like I barely press the gas and then I press it to the floor but I am really pressing the gas evenly to move quickly but it hesitates. I'm starting to get put out with my car. My speakers rattle and dealership says well when Honda sends out a fix we will fix it? Please if you have suggestions chime in!! Thank u in advance:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Hmm, you may want to carefully bring your civic to the dealership. I've heard of a recent problem with surging or rpm fluctuations but that's when people were travelling at highway speeds between 45-70mph, not the stop and go you're experiencing.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
You might want to open a case with Honda USA just to see what they have to say and even check out another dealership, just to get a second opinion since some dealerships will respond differently. Surprisingly enough, a response like what you got would be standard no matter which dealer you go to. All a matter of trying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2016 Civic touring with the same two issues. The lag time for me is a few seconds then it surges. The rear speaker rattles when there is a lot of base. I have not taken it to Honda yet but just wanted to let you know there is at least one other person that is experiencing what you are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts