10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm planning to buy Honda EX 2017 next week, I've done lots of research but not sure which approach is the best, and which to believe.
'
Here are some questions I have, hope someone can give me some advises :
'
1 - I read that website that offer invoice price for free, and usually working with dealership, is this true?
2 - At dealership you can ask for their invoice, but they actually have two invoice(?), does that mean you can actually go under the invoice price that they show you?
3 - Is it common practice to go to different dealership and try to see who can offer you the lowest price? Or do dealership despise that?
4 - If you bought a EX 2017 recently (in ontario), what was the invoice price they showed you and how much did you pay for it in the end?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought my civic hatchback 2 months ago. luckily i was referred by a friend to go to a dealership in richmond hill. he gave me a pretty good price. i think the easiest is if you get referred or ask around to see if your friends know anyone that works at a dealership. that will usually get you the best price.

if for some reason you dont know anyone, you can always use carcostcanada.ca. it gives you the actual car cost and you can usually use that to negotiate pricing when you bring it to a dealer. ive had many friends/family who used it to their advantage.

hope that helps, and good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my civic hatchback 2 months ago. luckily i was referred by a friend to go to a dealership in richmond hill. he gave me a pretty good price. i think the easiest is if you get referred or ask around to see if your friends know anyone that works at a dealership. that will usually get you the best price.
if for some reason you dont know anyone, you can always use carcostcanada.ca. it gives you the actual car cost and you can usually use that to negotiate pricing when you bring it to a dealer. ive had many friends/family who used it to their advantage.

hope that helps, and good luck!

Thanks for your input, too bad i dont knoe anyone, butdo u mind telling me the msrp, invoice price and the price you paid? That will help me negotiate. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for your input, too bad i dont knoe anyone, butdo u mind telling me the msrp, invoice price and the price you paid? That will help me negotiate. :)
just use this site

https://carcostcanada.com

things were a bit different for me because i had a car to trade in so that affects the price of the car. but my car after everything is pretty much 30k. i got the hatchback sport

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you bought the car? Did you check diff dealerships? I intend to buy the same in July so please share some insights. The sales guy I'm working with offered 1500 off right away. I'm sure theres a little bit more I could go but dont settle for less than that price. Whitby/ Oshawa Honda had a manager that was very shady and not giving any answers and tried to bury me in the smog. If you haven't already then check diff places to see what they are offering. No harm in having them compete for the sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts