10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Bet none of them get totaled. Too bad you can't tell if the two front ends were Sensing equipped. The first one might have been hit. The last one looks like it did the hitting.

How depressing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
the car on market almost 3 months I do not understand how these accidents happening.
I think everyone has a insurance and they don't care about what kind accidents happening that's not good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bet none of them get totaled. Too bad you can't tell if the two front ends were Sensing equipped. The first one might have been hit. The last one looks like it did the hitting.

How depressing.
If they are at the auto insurance auction that means they were totaled.

·
Registered
331 Posts
They all say they are on hold and not for sale. My bet is that means the insurance is still trying to figure out what to do and had them towed from a tow lot that was costing them lots of money per day in storage to these guys who are costing them less or nothing on speculation that they might get totaled. One of them even has an $8,800 estimate to repair. What insurance company is going to total a 1,000 mile car that was worth almost $20k a week ago over an $8,800 repair? None I've ever dealt with.

·
Registered
991 Posts
All those make me pretty confident in the safety of the Civic. The structure really holds up in each instance.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks like the occupants probably lived, I see no blood in any of the vehicles. Such a shame brand new cars got wrecked, but it happens.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
^ Was thinking the exact same thing but not sure what you can take. Maybe the tires for an extra set but I doubt much can be salvaged from the first Sedan. The second and third one may be repaired by the insurance company.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Only if it was at a junkyard for me to part. :(
Only downside to that is they'd more than likely gut the car and catalog the parts, and try to get the most out of it, i've seen some junk yards price pulled parts within 20% of it when new.

·
Registered
959 Posts
First one smacked something HARD. I really would like to know how accidental many of these accidents are. Not that i'm saying people crash their cars on purpose, but they can certainly crash by not paying attention...

·
Registered
5 Posts

How depressing.
Latter two are not Sensing equipped. You can tell because it does not have the radar next to the driver side fog lamp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn't think the pictures were good enough to tell for sure.
The housing for the millimeter radar looks sort of piano black. The pics don't show any shiny bits at all.

EDIT: Also, no monocular camera on top of the car. See here:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
First one smacked something HARD. I really would like to know how accidental many of these accidents are. Not that i'm saying people crash their cars on purpose, but they can certainly crash by not paying attention...
As for that first one, a lot of times frontal accidents are due to driver error without any external factors. Seems to me like that person ran into the back of a truck or something judging from what can be seen on the hood.

·
Registered
346 Posts
As for that first one, a lot of times frontal accidents are due to driver error without any external factors. Seems to me like that person ran into the back of a truck or something judging from what can be seen on the hood.
The person also could have been hit head on by someone. We clearly do not know what happened with these accidents or who's fault it was.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Well, thanks to these pictures I now know what can potentially be scrapped for parts. Wouldn't mind having an extra armrest in case the first one breaks.

Maybe the seats too if it can be thoroughly cleaned of glass.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The person also could have been hit head on by someone. We clearly do not know what happened with these accidents or who's fault it was.
So many variables.

Biggest take away from this thread is how well these held up in real life situations and not just in some testing facility.

And then of course to those waiting to do some road kill picking :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts