10th Honda Civic Forum banner

TPMS 2016 Civic LX

7152 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  fear24
I have been looking everywhere for how to disable this little light on my dash.

Every guide or review I have found is talking about the EX or higher edition. I recently got a flat, seems I picked up a big nail on the freeway. After getting a new tire on my car the light was off, but now it has come back. I have checked all the tires all of them are at the proper psi. The yellow light on my dash is driving me NUTS! Is there a way to fix this on my own? Do I need to take it in? What can I do here?

I have checked the Honda PDF manuels, looking through both manuels only refer to the EX or higher editions of the Civic. I got the car because I wanted something reliable as I am putting around 1500 miles a week on the car.

If someone is able to give me any assistance in this that would be awesome!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is a screenshot of the owner manual.Pretty sure you have a TPMS button as opposed to the touchscreen method on the EX and above.

Attachments

See less See more
Note the 2nd paragraph regarding the 30 mins of drive time. If you don't do this, the light will come back and then you have to recalibrate again. I bought a new 2017 civic hatchback and the dealership never calibrated the TPMS. Light came on half hour later indicating low tire pressure. Once recalibrated, the problem went away.
So, I am blind. In the 2016 Civic LX to the left of the steering wheel is the **** button. I am not sure why it did not register in my head that it looked the same. I kept looking through my radio trying to find the option.
Note the 2nd paragraph regarding the 30 mins of drive time. If you don't do this, the light will come back and then you have to recalibrate again. I bought a new 2017 civic hatchback and the dealership never calibrated the TPMS. Light came on half hour later indicating low tire pressure. Once recalibrated, the problem went away.
(2017 LX)
I think this might have happened to me (?) A short time after I got the car (a few days?) the TPMS light came on, and I immediately checked the tire pressures. They were OK. After a quick bit of research, I found the button, and did a re-cal, and all was OK. I was glad to know that the car was (hopefully) smart enough not to have the extra crap inside the tires, but I was worried that the system might be a little "touchy". A day or so later, I received a set of Enkei GT7 wheels, and had the original Hankook tires switched over to them. I expected a quick TPMS light, because of the change (the Enkeis were lighter, and I still haven't gotten around to checking the pressure that was put back into them). I was surprised to find that I haven't gotten another TPMS light since. (Not to mention, that the good ol' boys at the tire garage couldn't believe that a new car would not have TPMS sensors in the tires!).

Attachments

See less See more
tpms obdI'm up north and we don't have TPMS but I have this thing that is WAY better

I don't have TPMS feature in my 16 civic but I have this thing that is WAY better than the factory one and it's very accurate.
I have been using it for a while now it works pretty good so far
Save me money for installing the sensors and stuff...
Bought it overseas but here's one

ebay.ca/itm/-/282856260100

Attachments

See less See more
as far as the new wheels...i think the reason you didn't get a tpms sensor was due to the fact that the car was off while the wheels were switched out. meaning, the tpms was set at more than likely the 32 psi as factory recommends. the car was off, so no readings could be transmitted to the sensors. and also, since you used the same tires, no change in the rotation. so, when you started the car back up...and if the tires were at 32 psi again, the computer wouldn't have known you switched the tires.

make sense?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.