10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Transmission Problems?

13K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Lust 
#1 ·
So this has been a problem for a while with my '17 Si for about 800-1200 miles. When I shift into 2nd and 4th gear there is a weird feeling in the shifter itself, as if something with the synchros. I am 1000000% sure I'm putting the clutch down all the way but when I shift into 2nd and 4th there is also a terrible crunch noise. Not quite the grinding noise that the Type R has, but I will link a video I took of my car. Listen to 2nd and 4th gear shifts. Please help.. Thanks

#3 ·
Yeah I don't think there's much you can do about it. Unfortunately the stock transmission we get don't always mesh the way we would like. I've had similar rough shifting in my Genesis and it seems to be a pretty common problem with the bk1. You could try replacing the synchros but that's not a guaranteed fix. I also find that the harshness of the shifting changes with the weather.

#5 ·
Mine does this as well. I test drove a few Si's that didn't have this noise. My guess is that it has to do with tolerances with the shifter itself. To me it sounds more like a "twang". Curious to ask, do you have any issues moving from a complete stop? My Si vibrates and stutters every time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.