10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of the 10th gen civics come with a trunk lid insulator? I know in the 8th and 9th gen only a few trims had them.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Is this a thing? I've never heard of it. I am assuming for heat. Though insulation should work on both heat and sound.

And why would you need it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the black carpeting that covers up the inside of the trunk lid. Just like what you would see underneath a hood expect in the trunk. It's mainly for looks.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I assume that would be standard. Don't think I've ever seen a naked trunk lid before and I found a picture of the trunk lid's interior. Looks like it's covered on the interior trunk lid.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's hard to tell from that picture but it kind of looks like it has one. Only a few of the 8th and 9th gen civic's came with a trunk lid insulator. And the coupes didn't have them at all. While it isn't necessary it really finishes off the look of the trunk.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I haven't read about that in any list of features or whatnot. I would assume its included. And if it wasn't, I wouldn't care that much. I mean, people do not look at the inside of the trunk lid very often.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts