10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Tuned 2014 Civic Si vs. Tuned 2017 Civic EXT Turbo (Manual) !

10K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Deathklok 
#1 ·
We had been wanting to find out if our new 2017 Civic EXT was faster than our 2014 Civic Si, and so we went to Auto Club Famoso Raceway to find out.

Keep in mind, this is an acceleration test up to about 90 MPH. Due to traction differences between the cars, we did not launch them as you would if you were going for the fastest quarter mile times. Instead we basically did a roll race starting from about 5 MPH. This way, we could clearly see which car accelerated faster.

Also, this is not a stock vs stock comparison. In terms of power modifications, our 2017 EXT had an Invidia cat-back exhaust and Hondata FlashPro +6 PSI Stage 2 basemap tune. Our 2014 Si had an Injen true cold air intake, SiriMoto big bore throttle body kit, Buddy Club cat-back exhaust, and a custom Hondata FlashPro tune we did.

Notice that at low speeds the 2014 Si pulls ahead due to not having turbo lag.

However, the 2017 EXT quickly recovers, and remains almost even.

At higher speeds, the 2017 EXT begins to catch up a bit, and might have won if the race was longer.

One factor that affected the race is that between shifts, the 2017 EXT would slightly hesitate to quickly build boost, resulting in momentary power loss.

Enjoy!

See less See more
#3 ·
A custom tune 10th gen would rip that bolted and tuned SI.

#6 ·
let's be real, this does no more to answer the question of which is faster than any of the others. we have one angle of video from one car from a supposed 5 mph launch which you can't even tell. The SI had all the bolt ons it needed to be at its best with a custom tune, and they left the 10th on a crap Hondata tune. Sure the hondata tune is better than stock but it sucks, it wont even barely hold 18 psi.

#8 ·
Not even close. Absolute max ive seen in my logs is 20.5 and that was after letting off the gas lol. It typically runs in the 17-18.5 range at WOT. I logged the factory tune and it was peaking at 14. The "torque" tables dial back throttle and boost and retard or advance ignition. Hondata doesnt let vit have access to those tables but Ktuner does. So vit and a Ktuner V2 allow him to target boost levels you choose, he has a CVT for @Deathklok at 22 psi and a MT at 27 psi right now. Youll never get that on Flash Pro in its current state

Reactions: hfpdohc
#11 ·
Pit my VitViper ktuner tuned EXT against that SI and I'd give it a run for its money.Also BTW I traded my 9th SI with a full exhaust and RV6 downpipe tuned by VitViper for my EXT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.