10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The common thought was that the Civic Type R wasn't coming to America, but we now have a clue that suggests otherwise. A New Jersey Honda dealer has said on Facebook:

"Coming 02.03.2015 here at Sussex Honda!
#sussexhonda #hondaredline #civic #hondasport
Sussex Honda is in Newton, NJ, and that is in the US. Is Sussex Honda lying through its teeth, or will it actually receive the Type R on the 3rd of February.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
There is a weekly limit of 1,000 points, and every 750 points you get you’ll unlock another Type R milestone... and there may be extras along the way!
those milestones they mention just better not be some insignificant crap, which there's a good chance it might be.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So they are advertising the CTR but it still isn't being sold in America? Isn't that a little cruel of Honda?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I bet if they were later into the process with it, we'd probably see a superbowl commercial on it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm still confused by this.
their bit.ly link redirects to the redline CTR site, which is a hub for the launch campaign...

I doubt their social media person (if they even have one, might just be a social secretary) bothered to investigate, or they were simply trying to insert themselves into the CTR hype machine...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So basically it was a mistake is what you're saying. Because I just don't see why you would advertise a campaign for a car that is not ever going to come to NA. That just doesn't make sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts