10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AutoGuide.com put together this list of the Top 10 Green Cars of 2015. It is based on Greencar.org's "Green Score," which incorporates both the car's tailpipe emissions and its environmental impact during manufacturing. What was interesting was that 2 Honda Civics made the list.

At number 9 on the list is the Honda Civic Natural Gas.
Natural gas powered cars are also environmentally friendly, as proven by the NG powered Honda Civic, which scored a 54. Capable of getting 31 MPG combined and travelling a total of 193 miles on a single fill up of natural gas, this Civic burns clean natural gas in order to get that score.

At number 8 on the list is the Honda Civic Hybrid.
Another Civic makes the cut, this time the Hybrid model which is capable of getting 45 MPG combined. Keep in mind that the site also takes into consideration the impact of battery disposal, something that has been an environmental issue in the past. Interestingly enough, despite the change of powertrain, the Civic Hybrid has the same 54 green score as its natural gas cousin.
Here is the full list and I put a link to the full list below as well.

1. smart fortwo electric drive
2. Chevrolet Spark EV
3. Fiat 500e
4. Toyota Prius c
5. Nissan Leaf
6. Toyota Prius
7. Lexus CT200h
8. Honda Civic Hybrid
9. Honda Civic Natural Gas
10. Mitsubishi Mirage

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/02/top-10-green-cars-of-2015.html

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Not bad at all for Honda. Might be time for them to come back out with a compact that can rival the Spark EV.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Fit EV could definitely fill that space. I think that it could be pretty popular too. I do think that it could use a bit more interesting of a design though.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why do you think that is? Did it not sell well, or does it compete with another Honda model?

·
Registered
876 Posts
But Honda is still pushing, slow... but steady:

However, Honda will reportedly bring a successor to the FCX Clarity to the market within the next two years, likely to do battle with the Toyota FCV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts