10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Probably right. Based on my experience, I would say the earliest we will get the Type R is end of year 2016 as a 2017 model.

I currently work for a Honda dealer (not saying I have some secret information or anything). Based on what Honda has released to the press, plus their normal vehicle rollout history, I would expect the following:

2016 Civic Sedan = Fall 2015
2016 Civic Coupe = March/April 2016
2016 Civic Si = Late Spring 2016
2016 Civic Hatch = Summer 2016
2016/17 Type R= End of Year 2016

Again, this is just my educated guess, but it makes sense to release each model with a healthy gap in between. It will keep the new Civic fresh and relevant for over a year.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Probably right. Based on my experience, I would say the earliest we will get the Type R is end of year 2016 as a 2017 model.

I currently work for a Honda dealer (not saying I have some secret information or anything). Based on what Honda has released to the press, plus their normal vehicle rollout history, I would expect the following:

Again, this is just my educated guess, but it makes sense to release each model with a healthy gap in between. It will keep the new Civic fresh and relevant for over a year.
Cheers, always good to have you boys hanging around.

I'm starting to feel like the Civic Hatch and Type R will be the same car, in the sense that the only hatches we get will be CTRs, like 02 SiR.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Great info! I don't want to keep my hopes up. More time to save money! :)

·
Registered
158 Posts

Looks like a good time line...

·
Registered
6 Posts
My sources tells me spring-fall of 2017. I work for Honda and already on the waiting list to get batch number Type-R 0005/2500.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Will it be a 2017? “It could be an ’18 by the time it gets here,” admitted Mendel, though he said he hopes not.
It is sounding more like the Civic Type R won't be on sale until 2017 unfortunately. I tend towards the longer side of estimates. Companies like to take their sweet time testing and making sure everything is perfect, and I think that is probably a good thing. I'd rather wait for a great product, then not wait and get a product that suffers from issues.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Something to point out...

In this thread it was mentioned an Acura head is pushing for more performance models by 2017, being related to Honda, Honda can be expected to follow a similar timeline.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Something to point out...

In this thread it was mentioned an Acura head is pushing for more performance models by 2017, being related to Honda, Honda can be expected to follow a similar timeline.
RIDGELINE Redesign.... wow.
I rarely ever see a ridgeline on the roads, even at the dealers and i pass by/stop in often enough. Thought that was destined to hit the chopping block.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Waiting list?

My sources tells me spring-fall of 2017. I work for Honda and already on the waiting list to get batch number Type-R 0005/2500.
I haven't been to my dealership yet. I assumed it would be a little while before dealerships would open up lists for the Type-Rs. What does it take to get on this list?

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's going to be a long while before we get any Type R action... In the meantime I guess we can see how the Si will turn out.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Whatever is missing from the Si you can pretty much bet you'll see on Si...

I can see Si being tuned to fight with ST's and GTI's...220-230 hp maybe... and then Type R needs north of 300...

·
Registered
165 Posts
@hondageek
they just said the euro hatch will go on sale early '17
does that mean america will get it earlier?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts