10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

CEO's of major automakers are typically in some way shape or form, Car People. That doesn't mean they have to own a car...

Honda's new CEO Takahiro Hachigo doesn't personally own any car currently, but he is most certainly a car guy. “Unfortunately, I don't have a car now. But I want to buy the Civic Type R,” said Hachigo-san and reported by Automotive News.

Hachigo-san returned to Japan in March after spending years overseas, he has been relying on a Honda VTR250 to runabout whenever he feels the urge.

That Honda's newest CEO has a staunch love affair with the Civic Type R is somewhat unsurprising. The man is a self professed car nut, “I joined Honda because I loved cars and driving,” said Hachigo-san.

He aims to bake his love of cars and driving back into the Honda formula, coincidental that the two Honda's Hachigo-san admires most are the new S660 and Civic Type R?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Actually I wonder what Hachigo is doing to shore up the F1 program? Its just bad branding when the car is a runabout and several seconds off the pace. How Honda even let this happen is beyond me...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Seems like now is right timing to ramp up efforts on the F1 side of things, give it the better status it needs and tie it into branding of road cars with the exciting ones we're FINALLY getting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts