10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
It's about time this happened, seeing how many people pre order will be interesting.
I'm going to guess that once the major north american shows pass we could possibly see north american orders being taken.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will definitely offer it in NA eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I think this could be one of those cars that has orders far exceed what the company is expecting. I wouldn't be surprised if we get news in a few weeks that the order books in the UK are full.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
That is very possible of happening.

How long after that will they be ready for a second batch will be a good question.
Fortunately when it comes to a vehicle like this, there are a ton of Honda loyalists that won't mind waiting for it, but they will of course experience some loss of potential customers during that down moment.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think that Honda is half expecting super high demand though. Hopefully they will be on top of it so that people don't have to wait too long.

The bigger question for me is when this car will be coming to NA.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Honda will probably be surprised by the demographics of people who will want one. Just like the marketing of the Element and Fit totally missed their marks, yet the vehicles didn't flop.

·
Registered
959 Posts
well I'm not entirely convinced THIS Type R is the one they've been talking about for NA. I believe the CTR we get will be a world car, something based off the next gen civic, which IMO we won't see until at least 1-2 years after the 10th Gen debuts...

But thats just my thoughts...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Good point.

However we're likely to get things from it on our version, like the powertrain for one, something i wouldn't mind having.

·
Registered
158 Posts
They will definitely offer it in NA eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I think this could be one of those cars that has orders far exceed what the company is expecting. I wouldn't be surprised if we get news in a few weeks that the order books in the UK are full.
This will happen, look at the NSX, the order books are sold out already...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Yeah well they can only accept so many orders, have to cap it off at some point, i just wonder how many they're limiting it to for the first batch which there is no mention of in this article.

Do you guys think they will limit overall production or could they be taking on as many orders as they get?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Do you guys think they will limit overall production or could they be taking on as many orders as they get?
I could see both sides. Limited supply will drive up demand and price whereas no cap on production limit will probably sell more units.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts