10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2008 Civic, which I love, but I am ready for a new car. I test drove a 2018 Civic EX Turbo tonight and I love everything about it except for the seats. They feel like I am sitting on (and against) a rock. :( My 2008 is 1000 times more comfortable! Can anyone tell me if the seats loosen up a bit after time? And if so, how quickly can I expect them to start feeling a bit more comfortable?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I actually think the seats are fine in my Touring. Is it just really hard or are the bolsters digging into you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The seats are really hard. I actually just bought the car tonight because I got a great deal so I am really hoping they soften up. I got a 2018 EX-T. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
My sport touring has the leather seats and I just did about a thousand mile road trip with some stretches over 4 hours of driving with no problem. I'm 6'4" and about 215 lbs, so I was surprised how well I fit into the Civic, as long as no one tall tries to sit behind me. :) If the EX doesn't come with the leather 8 way adjustable seats, I can recommend upgrading to them. The mounting bolts are probably the same, but you might have to get creative with the power supply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm coming over from a 2013 Sentra SV where everything is soft as a marshmallow, but I do feel that the seats in the 2018 Civic LX are kinda hard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got an '18 ex hatchback and I sort of agree about the stiff seats. I do think, though, that they will soften up and get more and more comfortable as you reach those high honda miles.
It's like a good pair of hiking boots! Gotta break it in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So after a week I think I am getting used to the hard seats, or maybe they're softening up a bit? I already put nearly 600 miles on my car. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Painful Seats

I don't know if my 2016 Civic has the same seats, but my seats are awful. A year and a half ago, I drove a 600 mile trip from FL to NC and my right leg sciatica nerve was in extreme pain in the butt area by the end of the trip.

I have never fully recovered since then. By the time I drive 45 minutes, the pain starts to build. If I drive a long trip, I have to stop every 50 minutes to stretch my leg and piriformis muscles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The seats is the only thing whi is not better going from a 2012 Ececutive to a 2017 sport plus.. the sidesupport is not so good in the new one.. :-( on the 12 verson i could also adjust the sidesuport.. and its disepointing no leather seats on the sport plus verson!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2016 Civic Touring sedan with the leather seats and yes they are hard. I picked up a $20 seat cushion at Walmart and that has helped a lot. Still, paying that kind of money for the Touring I am disappointed in the seat comfort.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts