10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without the little trees hanging around anywhere or without little clips on the vents...I did the exact same thing to my FRS and I knew it'd be a good thing to do to the Civic.

After confirming the Civic had an interior filter, I threw the air freshener that my wife picked out for her car on TOP of the filter (air flow goes down). Now when the air is on, it'll blow the scent through the vents.

I like things to be clean so having her air freshener hang from the rear view mirror was a big no for me.

Open the glove compartment careful to not spill everything out. There are two things on the keeping it from coming out all the way. Press those in and the glove box should

The filter is located where you see the hexagons and is being held on by two clips on each side.

Throw your air freshener on. On my FRS I use a gel type of "JDM" Squash so I cut mine up and throw it between the groves of the filter.

Reinstall in reverse.
Turn on the air and you should smell the air freshener scent coming through the vents now.

JDM Air Freshener tuck yo!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for the write up. It's good to know that the cabin air filter is as easy to change as previous generations. Fram makes a filter with arm & hammer baking soda that seems to do a good job keeping the car smelling fresh.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How would this work if you have 14 years of Subway droppings in those spaces on the side of the seat that you can't reach, and the darn dog likes to get wet and jump in the back seat and shake, and that stray cat that marks my car its property, and the time you run over that strange stuff on the road and don't figure out that it's spew until it's too late. Will this work for that?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How would this work if you have 14 years of Subway droppings in those spaces on the side of the seat that you can't reach, and the darn dog likes to get wet and jump in the back seat and shake, and that stray cat that marks my car its property, and the time you run over that strange stuff on the road and don't figure out that it's spew until it's too late. Will this work for that?

only if you have febreeze..it can make a room of garbage smell like pure freshness

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
What helps to keep your car smelling over a long timeframe is shampooing your carpets. Plus I think brands like Chemical Guys have a range of scents, which helps for those that get tired of the same smell.

Also, I've used California Car air freshener, it's amazing stuff:

·
Registered
991 Posts
14 years of Subway droppings in your few months old Civic? Must be sentimental since you transferred it from somewhere else into your new car.

Also, who doesn't want their car to smell good?

Still, I perhaps don't want the air in the car to be infused with fake pine scent at all times.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good solutions...

However... this means that those few Honda owners in the habit of throwing crunched up fast food bags and an assortment of wrappers and bottles behind the driver's seat will need to get in the habit of cleaning up after themselves.

Keep the new car smelling new and clean!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts