10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first Honda was an '87 Civic Wagon I bought off my mother... gutless wonder but so handy, that interior flipped every which way to hold cargo of any shape or size.
Eventually I traded it in for my first new car purchase - a '95 Civic EX coupe, which along the way I'd lower (on a real Neuspeed/Koni/Suspension Techniques suspension) and tune (even a Jackson Racing supercharger), and I still have the car today in fact - just long ago relegated to a fun car.

Now well into my adulthood, I'm at end of lease with a 2015 Kia Optima (which has been a great mid-size sedan) and I'm considering buying a 2017 Civic Sport... I don't need something as large as the Optima, would like something sportier, and would love some of the flippy-cargo handiness of my old '87 wagon.

I test drove the '17 Civic Sport and don't have any complaint about the way it drives - what a fun drive. And it perfectly reflects my personality as well from a style standpoint - even more so with a black Thule rack and fairing on the roof, this car would make it look appropriate (I test drove an Acura TLX also - truly great car, of course it would look totally odd with a roof rack).

I also spent quite a bit of my youth involved in the automotive aftermarket... I was even a moderator on several car audio sites, spent a 2 year stint as manager of a mobile electronics startup business locally, and a 10 year stint in high-end audio products engineering - all of that being "hobby gone wild" stuff since I'm really an IT career guy for my 9-5 job.

I don't know what else there is to say. :nerd:

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
:DWelcome to the site, go get that sport and enjoy. We expect you to help out around here with the audio mods!!!

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Big welcome.I have a CBP Hardback Sport and love it.I know ya are gonna like yours just as much.

Reactions: geolemon

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
:DWelcome to the site, go get that sport and enjoy. We expect you to help out around here with the audio mods!!!
For sure, I'd be glad to.
I was wondering if there were even people left who modified anything on cars anymore... especially audio! :laugh:

I know one mod that I already am planning - not an audio mod but could make for a useful thread:

My Optima has an auto-dimming mirror - new Civic doesn't, unless you jump to the Touring.
Also, the Civic Touring has Lane Watch (blind spot cameras) that aren't available in the Sport.

So I'm planning on buying an aftermarket auto-dimming rear view mirror with an embedded monitor, and installing two cameras (in a discrete and mostly lease-friendly way) at the rear side mirror locations, and activating them based on the turn signal switch position using two relays. Hopefully will be a two-birds, one-stone, relatively small project... and I think better than Honda's implementation, because the rear view mirror location is somewhere you naturally look when assessing traffic.

Step #1: lease the car!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i love that silver!
Lunar silver!

True story - seems available not only across the Honda line, but also across the Acura line, so Honda must love it too. :laugh:

I had test drove both an ILX and TLX in the same silver, and saw an MDX (though I'd never buy an SUV again) in the same color. The Honda dealer was actually a later stop in my shopping trip - I saw a few Civics in silver and looked at the sticker for the name, and sure enough - same exact color.

Funny thing is, although the ILX is built on the Civic chassis, I didn't particularly like the way the ILX drove. My girlfriend (who is a near-fanatic Acura loyalist) kept complaining and voicing her disappointment. By sharp contrast, the TLX was one of the finest feeling cars I've ever driven - but besides being more expensive, it was an upsize-step to my Optima, and I was looking for a downsize - plus a hatch format, which doesn't exist at Acura at any level these days (other than SUVs).

But anyway.. TL; DR... Lunar silver >:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts