10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Water inside the car?!?!?

26K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  vinhtruong.tpv 
#1 · (Edited)
So I was going to clean my passenger floor mat and I was something that said "frame number" I open it up and there is water on the floor!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Water in car is bad stuff. On anything but a new car, water in passenger foot well makes me think about drainage problems from the HVAC evaporator core. Believe the other Civic X forum has had one or two reports of water, but I don't think they were front foot well.

#4 ·
So I just checked mine, and there is all kinds of insulation in there too, and from feeling around it goes pretty far back, if you see water I'd bet your insulation is also wet, which means mold. I'd call Honda ASAP and take it back to your dealership.
800-999-1009 option 7 to report a problem with your car.
Call them first thing Monday! Mold and water in your car is no joke, if there is wiring in there too, you could be looking at a big mess

#14 ·
It happened to us this past weekend in St Augustine, FL. Driving rain and/or standing water maybe the issue, forced into cabin from underneath while driving? Rain had not been issue previously (to my knowledge) and the puddles/standing water we drove through were not particularly deep or unusual, vs. previous times. Rubberized floor mats and seats had no water, so not a window blow-in leak or coming from above, in all likelihood, but passenger front and back floors were soaked and "mushy" with water.
Took to dealer once home in Charlotte and they vacuumed out water - to some, small degree, since once I arrived home I had to use 10 bath towels under carpet, after pulling the molding off and lifting carpet, to soak up the standing water and remove the most of the moisture (so much for that crack detailing staff). They looked at the various weep-holes and checked the doorframes and seals, but found nothing unusual.
Dealer said could not recreate with their carwash and power washer, so they sprayed some mold/odor inhibitor on the carpet and told us to "let them know if it occurs again." "Made a note of it" in my records- some small consolation. Per earlier comment, I just hope it has not impacted any of the electrical components/wires that run along floor, under the carpet.
Interesting comment about possible AC condensate - will bring that up should this happen again. If it does, going to be one unhappy customer, for certain.

#15 · (Edited)
Omg, this is awful. Water can create some serious problems for your car. I really know what I am talking about, because I had exactly the same problem. I had a very high level of humidity inside the car, and it started to get covered in mold. There was a terrible smell because of it, and I decided that I have to fix it as soon as possible. This is why I called these guys from Mold Removal Company Serving Mississauga & GTA , and they have removed it. After that, I went to an auto service and fixed the problem with the water, and now everything is fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.