10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Got My Car Saturday And Noticed Sunday It Had Brown Freckles,Took It To Honda And They Had No Idea What Is Was After Trying To Remove It And Sent Me To A Outside Source, Turns Out There Tire Dressing Penetrated Into My Paint On My Bumpers And Side Skirts, There Wanting To Repaint Those Parts :crying:. It A Pearl White Car Im Afraid Of Paint Not Matching. What You Guys Recommend ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear of your trouble! Can you post a photo of what the damage looks like? Also, do you know what they tried to remove it with? Just a cloth or did they use some type of cleaner or polish, too?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Forgot to mention - I have a white Si Coupe and pretty much as with all the Honda's I've had, the color on the bumpers do not match the body 100%, right from the factory regardless of color. My white '09 Si was that way, as was my orange '14 Si. Regardless, hopefully you won't need to get it repainted, that seems extreme as a solution.

·
Registered
382 Posts
unless it was painted on the car...it should be able to be removed, with the appropriate cleaner. i can't see why they would need to 'repaint' it with tire dressing spatter.

i'd try another professional detailer or reach out to autogeek or chemical guys. they are very knowledgable in their fields.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It Has This On All 4 Corners As If It Where Dirty, I Went To 3 Different Detail Shops Appart From Honda Not One Could Do Anything They Tired Every Chemical That Wouldn't Damage The Paint, The Detail Shop Said It Tire Dressing When It Heats Up It Goes Into The Paint And Nothing That Can Be Done

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It Has This On All 4 Corners As If It Where Dirty, I Went To 3 Different Detail Shops Appart From Honda Not One Could Do Anything They Tired Every Chemical That Wouldn't Damage The Paint, The Detail Shop Said It Tire Dressing When It Heats Up It Goes Into The Paint And Nothing That Can Be Done
Yea Havent Had Any Luck Honda Just Wants To Paint It And I Asked Service Advisor And They Said That No Matter How Close They Match It Paint Wont Be The Same Since Its A Pearl ,And Honda Wont Even Give Any Credit Toward Anything, I Ask Them For The HFP Front Lip Spoiler And Side Skirt To Call It A Day And Nope Wont Budge

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There blaming me for it like i put tire shine on the car and told me if i had not driven off the lot with it they could have replaced it. I literary on there ass for these past day trying to make them do something but they seem to not car at all .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts