10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

More details coming out of the national press events.

Here we have a video showing the 2016 Civic welcome start up sequence on the new TFT display.

The blue background of the tach arcs in from right to left, the interval lines super impose themselves, coming from above. While the numerical values almost float to the surface from beneath the black.

Is anyone still lamenting the loss of the two tier dash?

2016 Honda Civic Dash Screen Start Up Sequence Video

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think it looks clean. truthfully the two tier dash is probabaly near unbeatable for displaying information, but i like the big blocked MPH numbers, the tach is a little small tbh, but I would imagine they will give the tach more prominence on sportier models?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
It's the little touches like this animation that shows honda's attention to detail on the new civic. Definitely not a bad way to start my commute to work in the mornings :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
If there is a video, please post a link to it on Youtube, not facebook. Can't stand social media.
If you had to sign up to view the video I could see it being a problem as that is sometimes the case, but its just as easy to view as any regular video on YouTube.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why not have one large screen that holds all information like Audi's Virtual Cockpit, that way you can even change the background depending on different tastes around the globe.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Why not have one large screen that holds all information like Audi's Virtual Cockpit, that way you can even change the background depending on different tastes around the globe.
I would imagine its a cost consideration thing. If Honda was to spend more per unit on the dash screen there would be a compromise somewhere else...for what it is, a non premium c-segment, its got it going on...

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think most of us can agree that with features like this honda has made it premium enough, good way to go considering how competitive its getting these days.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Audi's Virtual Cockpit is really nice but Honda's 10th gen features are great for a non premium c-segment. Wouldn't know it was a Honda just by looking at the dash. Maybe the coupe will have the same dash or something even sportier.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Audi's Virtual Cockpit is really nice but Honda's 10th gen features are great for a non premium c-segment. Wouldn't know it was a Honda just by looking at the dash. Maybe the coupe will have the same dash or something even sportier.
We've seen the coupe interior, granted some of it was covered, but it'll have the exact same dash as the sedan. The only addition is that the coupe usually gets heavier bolsters on the seats and they get handles on the doors to make closing the larger doors easier.

Other than that they'll all have the same interior. Granted Si models will most likely get some type of sporty appointment like carbon fiber look somewhere or red trim somewhere etc.

·
Registered
959 Posts
We've seen the coupe interior, granted some of it was covered, but it'll have the exact same dash as the sedan. The only addition is that the coupe usually gets heavier bolsters on the seats and they get handles on the doors to make closing the larger doors easier.

Other than that they'll all have the same interior. Granted Si models will most likely get some type of sporty appointment like carbon fiber look somewhere or red trim somewhere etc.
I can see Si's using a Red rev counter instead of the blue for example... The blue is soothing, but it doesn't scream sporty...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts