10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Today I bought my first Honda -- 2016 Honda Civic Touring. I ended up getting rid of my 2013 Dodge Dart because of the countless problems I was having with it.

The dealership sadly did not have the car, for it was at another dealership but said they should have no problem having it by Monday.

I got black on black, with interior lighting and console illumination. I also got windows tinted, lifetime nitrogen, and lifetime power train.

All-in-All I ended at $27,034 OTD. Anyone mind making sure I got a good price? :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you want to see if you are in the ballpark for your area look up both cars on Trueprice and CarGurus. I have found that they are fairly accurate (unless you are a hard negotiator and don't mind spending a day going back and forth). The most important thing is that you are happy with the purchase!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dodge should stick to making quick rear wheel drive cars which they do well. The Dart was innovative technologically in 2013 but it missed the mark on efficiency and reliability. It is also too heavy.

Congratulations on the new purchase. As a current Dodge owner I will be buying another Honda Civic EX as the daily due to its overall reputation. This will be a long term relationship.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey everyone, it is me WITH PICTURES! :DDD

I got the interior lighting installed. I love it -- it just adds that nice touch to the interior. The dealership is tinting my windows next week, so I will update this thread when that is done!

So far I am in love. There is so much about the car I didn't realize just from test driving it. I love the speedometer screen; it shows you so much from music to gas millage. It can even pull up your phone book making it super easy to make calls.

I have, sadly, already encountered the no volume issue. It has happened once, but has yet to come back. I will keep you updated!

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great decision going to Honda. I briefly owned a Dodge Fart. After 4 trips to the dealer for repairs, traded it in at 6k miles to get my Civic.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Great decision going to Honda. I briefly owned a Dodge Fart. After 4 trips to the dealer for repairs, traded it in at 6k miles to get my Civic.
I would be most cautious about buying a vehicle from FCA. Bad quality, bad fuel efficiency, heavily in debt... it just doesn't really do a good job of convincing me that they are well run and capable of delivering a good product and good service.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I owned a Dodge Dart back when they were bullet proof, 1966 Dodge Dart, driven by most members of my family handed down from Dad through each of us kids. I think we had to junk it at around 500k miles, could not get parts anymore lol

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I owned a Dodge Dart back when they were bullet proof, 1966 Dodge Dart, driven by most members of my family handed down from Dad through each of us kids. I think we had to junk it at around 500k miles, could not get parts anymore lol
It's a shame what they used the Dart name on recently, i'm sure you've seen that. To make matters worse the new Dart doesn't seem to be doing well with sales at all, most feedback I see from owners and potential owners that have gotten behind the wheel is... discouraging. Should have continued using Neon.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
*snort* Dodge Fart. The 2015 Dodge Dart doesn't look that bad, most likely not bullet proof anymore but not bad.
It's not about that, with these commuters cars looks only goes so far, people are willing to sacrifice on looks when all the other boxes check off. The Dart just doesn't do that, just look at how disappointed people are.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts