10th Honda Civic Forum banner

What all weather mat did you buy?

25K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  AvantsCivicX 
#1 ·
So i want to purchase new floor mats for my 2018 hatch. I wanted to see what everyone has gone with. I had husky floor mats in my Durango which i loved. My wife got a 18 accord sport and we purchased the oem all weather floor mats which are also great. So i wanted to see what everyone has gone with and what is more popular. I see oem has two versions a high lip and a regular. Im probably gonna buy the high lip if i go with hondas.

#3 ·
i ended up ordering the huskys on amazon prime theyre like $124. I had them in my other car and i liked them. I think they have more coverage than Honda ones. specially with the one piece in the second row. i have a 4 year old who likes to spill things and make messes. I dont thin you can go wrong with anything. its added protection.

#4 ·
#5 ·
i have those (3D MAXpider) in my 9th gen....love them so much more than WT or Husky. personal preference of course. they don't look industrial at all. they blend well with the black carpet. wash easily. and have held up for just shy of 4 years.

if it were me...those are the ones to get

#10 ·
Wife and I bought the Honda (i'll call them low-ride all weather) mats for our Coupe Si, but I also wanted something approaching fuller coverage like the Weathertechs in our Ford, for any winter use the Honda sees here in New England.

I didn't want Weathertechs in the Si (way too stiff, but thats just my preference) so we got a set of Husky liners. Won't put those in until October, but we like them better than the Weathertechs.

Good choice no matter which way you go.

#11 ·
one thing that helped my buy huskys for my car opposed to oem wifes 18 accord. Is the drivers coverage. everything is covered, the dead pedal as well as the accelerator. So clean up is much easier and less damage over time. Also the huskys cover the second row hump and seem to form like a bowl if any liquid is spilled opposed to oem high side floor mats which are high on back sides but towards the front they flatten out.

#18 ·
@topdec : My wife's ILX came with the equivalent of those; we bought the Weathertech liners as those OE rubber mats really didn't offer a "Minnesota Level" of needed protection. The liners seem to hold a lot of the salty slush and really take a beating well.

#23 · (Edited)
I ended up going with the Phantom Mat! Purchased through Costco, these ended up being just about $220 shipped to my door for the front and rear mats. At the time they did not make the trunk liner so I will be purchasing that at a later date. These are essentially Tuxmats, just a different name stamp.

They cover every bit of carpet in the car and I like how they don't have a plastic or rubber look. For winter driving I have been tracking lots of salt onto the mats, however, all it takes is a wipe down with a microfiber cloth and its back to normal! Highly recommend and they do not interfere with the clutch either.

Reactions: Austin Williamson
#24 ·
I bought the Honda All-weather mats when I purchased the car. Here in the Pacific Northwest, it is wet with pine needles and leaves. After 3-years the Honda mats started to curl at the edges and the coverage under the 3 pedals was pretty minimal from the start - Honda is probably worried about a liability issue with the rubber getting caught in the pedals. Went with the Weathertech Floorliner HP mats. Much better coverage and is easier to keep clean. Should have bought the WT mats to begin with. Go with the best!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.