10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this thread on the Subaru Outback forum I frequent, so I thought I'd give it a shot here. Hopefully this isn't a dupe.

Technically I gave up my 2008 LL Bean 3.0R Outback because my daughter is driving it due to her wrecking her 2000 Outback with 231K miles on it. I sold the 2000 to someone willing to fix it up and it is back on the road again. I do prefer driving the Civic more than the old Outback anyway. No surprises there.

·
Registered
382 Posts
just curious, little off subject, but you brought it up. how did that '08 drive and such? to this day, if i find the right '08 or '09 legacy (albeit not an outback, but same drivetrain)...i'd consider buying it in a second.

to answer your question, i traded a Veracruz for the civic. divorce, didn't need/want the big SUV anymore.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm sorry but your cars are way too new if they are 2011 and junk like that. I gave up a 1995 Lexus Sc300. slow and bad on gas so I solved 1 of the 2 problems!

·
Registered
22 Posts
2009 Subaru Impreza wagon. I drove the 2017 Impreza and it was LIFELESS. In January & February of 2018, we'll see if I made a huge awful mistake. 'Cuz Subaru "lifelessness" gets up my steep New Hampshire driveway, snow or ice, shoveled or un-shoveled, slow or fast, NO PROBLEM.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just curious, little off subject, but you brought it up. how did that '08 drive and such? to this day, if i find the right '08 or '09 legacy (albeit not an outback, but same drivetrain)...i'd consider buying it in a second.

to answer your question, i traded a Veracruz for the civic. divorce, didn't need/want the big SUV anymore.
Not sure about the legacy, but the Outback drives like a go-cart (in a good way). The 3.0R engine and 5 speed Automatic trans are bullet proof. I would stay away from the 2.5 4 speed. Too slow and known head gasket problems.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2009 Subaru Impreza wagon. I drove the 2017 Impreza and it was LIFELESS. In January & February of 2018, we'll see if I made a huge awful mistake. 'Cuz Subaru "lifelessness" gets up my steep New Hampshire driveway, snow or ice, shoveled or un-shoveled, slow or fast, NO PROBLEM.
I still own 2 Subarus (wife drives one and the daughter the other) and found the 2005-2009 to be the best generation. Wife's is a 2011 and I would use it as a boat anchor in a pinch.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Gave up my S2k after owning for three years of ownership. Most fun car to drive. Wish I could of kept it!?118k miles when I bought it, 210k when I sold it.
Agreed honestly one of the most fun ive had driving was in an S2K I would love to have one as a track toy.

Let go of a 2014 Nissan Maxima with the ticking time bomb CVT.:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Gave up my S2k after owning for three years of ownership. Most fun car to drive. Wish I could of kept it!?118k miles when I bought it, 210k when I sold it.
Agreed honestly one of the most fun ive had driving was in an S2K I would love to have one as a track toy.

Let go of a 2014 Nissan Maxima with the ticking time bomb CVT.
Yea i wish I could of kept it. Best car I ever owned but im happy with my car now. Honestly I would get another one down the road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I traded my 2013 Civic Ex Coupe. It had 42k on it and had issues. Esp. the climate control fan. it had a low whine that never stopped. My first long (9 hr.) drove me nuts since I had to use the AC.
Plus it had the feel of a economy car although much sportier than my 91 Civic DX.

I traded up from the 2013 EX cvt to a 2017 EX-T coupe, cvt. Bought a KTuner and I love it. the car is much more effortless to drive in traffic than stock and it gets up to 100 mph before you know it. Those bursts from 70-95 on the highway are such a blast. I need to look into brake upgrades for the front at least.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Traded my 2006 Subaru WRX wagon for my New 2017 civic Si sedan. The WRX was staged 2 and tuned with plenty of tasteful mods from suspension to power. It made 310 hp/330 torque and the turbo spooled nice an loud because of the td05 upgrade. I did love driving it but I love driving and working with Hondas more! Before the WRX, I had a 06 RSX type-s(pic below) with which I poured a lot of work into it and had big plans for it. Unfortunately it was totaled in a rear end collision. Looking forward to what I can do with this New 10th Gen civic Si though! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Traded my 2006 Subaru WRX wagon for my New 2017 civic Si sedan. The WRX was staged 2 and tuned with plenty of tasteful mods from suspension to power. It made 310 hp/330 torque and the turbo spooled nice an loud because of the td05 upgrade. I did love driving it but I love driving and working with Hondas more! Before the WRX, I had a 06 RSX type-s(pic below) with which I poured a lot of work into it and had big plans for it. Unfortunately it was totaled in a rear end collision. Looking forward to what I can do with this New 10th Gen civic Si though! ;)
I've owned a lot of old Subarus and got to the point where I was considering them project cars. I've never had one that didn't require some work - stuff I've never had to do on other cars. I got the Civic hatchback because I loved the look and want something more reliable.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts