10th Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've owned a lot of old Subarus and got to the point where I was considering them project cars. I've never had one that didn't require some work - stuff I've never had to do on other cars. I got the Civic hatchback because I loved the look and want something more reliable.

@DavidPeab - I'm right there with you. I've only had (2) Subaru's, but both of them were in a near constant state of repair. I worked for a number of years in a small auto repair shop and we saw our fair share of Subaru's; I could usually sell $1,000 worth of repair (not including head gasket or other cylinder head repair work) on every one that came through the door. People often would (and still do) proclaim to me that their Subaru is a reliable vehicle and has xxx,xxx miles on it. . .

High mileage does not a proven reliable vehicle make. My experience says that a lot of time and a lot of money is involved in creating a high-mileage Subaru. I've owned roughly (10) Hondas with over 150,000 miles on them and another (5) with over 200,000. Mostly I drove them. Sometimes they needed some repair or maintenance, but mostly I drove them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn't quite have to give up a car to get my 10th get, I felt it was time to move on; but I have moved on from a 2000 Honda Accord EX with the V6 in order to pick up this car, I still don't have it yet till monday but I am excited.

·
Registered
9 Posts
still have my 05 Civic LX (that is near mint.... as in no asses have ever touched the upholstery or floor mats... covered at delivery)

traded my 17 Scatpack Charger in (392/A8). was given $31,000 on a trade and paid $35,000 for it in September of 17. no brainer for me... had my fun with it. 12.60/118mph :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 BMW 325XI. My '18 Sport hatch handles better. Quicker off start but not as fast as Bimmer's straight 6. Miss the AWD in winter. SI is too small. And Type R overpriced in MN. Happy with Sport Hatch since I can rarely go above 50 mph in the city!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I gave up a 2012 Cadillac CTS awd. **** I loved that car. It was leaking some coolant and I took it to a dealer to find out the cylinder heads were warped and it would eventually need a new motor. So I did what anybody would do and traded it in ASAP. Worked out good in my favor. I got a 2019 civic ex coupe. Brand spankin new. I’ve never owned a civic let alone a Honda.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2004 Toyota Camry LE

I'd had it since it was 4 miles old, and it had 234K miles at trade; transmission was slipping, smoke from under the hood, smoke from the exhaust, rusting inside, headliner falling off... and I loved that car. It was a present for me for graduating college in 2004 from my dad who passed away 5 years later. Traded it for a 2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback in blue - better on gas, speed, and style.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2000 BMW 328i > 250K on clock, numerous mods done,
was time for very major maint , $ figures didn't add up on BMW

Bought 2019 Civic Sport Sedan w/CVT, 5K on clock now, no regrets
purchased for/ as an everyday driver and long business trips, need absolute reliability

Maybe Bilstein to come up with a PSS coil over kit for it
At minimum on list now is Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs

21 - 40 of 40 Posts