10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda hosted an event where they invited tuners to get a look at the new Type R. Video was published November 3rd by Honda. Someone from Eibach Springs was there so we can expect products from them, obviously. But hopefully this gives them a push to get things done faster lol. Someone from AEM was also there.

To say they were impressed would be an understatement.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
with the way they're praising the Type R, we'll definitely have no shortage of aftermarket parts. I saw eibach in there and Bismoto.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Wow, i'm impressed with who they brought on here since they didn't just get anybody but some key people, Bisimoto and then RJ, and i'm sure some of you can recall who those guys are.

Anyone that needs a reminder:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hopefully, if there's anything Honda could use it's customized 10th Gen Civic's done to a level that currently might not be easily seen through regular owners and tuning shops. Much like what Scion has done in the past with the tuner challenge they usually hold. A Civic + $15k or so in spending money and the rest left up to the tuner.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Had to look that up and I don't think it's something honda will so. Looks like Scion was geared towards the younger generation whereas the Type R is for everyone, young and old. The really young tuner scene may not appeal to Type R buyers.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scion as a brand itself was definitely marketed towards the younger generation. Small vehicles, cheaper prices, sorta flashy (tC, FRS).

But the Civic has also been made for younger audiences as well. Super affordable, and majority of the civic owners you see out there are people sub 30 years old. My opinion at least.

·
Registered
33 Posts
One reason I can see them not doing it is for the fact they won't need it to generate interest in the product, they built that up over the years, many years. Scion had to do it in order to bring attention to the brand but that only lasted so long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts