10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put down a deposit on an EX-L after I test drove one the other day.

I was thinking today -- what happens when the battery dies? With an electronic keyless system, how do you get into the car? How do you jump start it? You have to get in to open the hood.

Then are you counting on the jump battery to provide the juice to run the keyless start button?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've put down a deposit on an EX-L after I test drove one the other day.

I was thinking today -- what happens when the battery dies? With an electronic keyless system, how do you get into the car? How do you jump start it? You have to get in to open the hood.

Then are you counting on the jump battery to provide the juice to run the keyless start button?
The smart key has a traditional key inside the key fob, that will allow you to open the door.

·
Registered
331 Posts
And it has an RFID-like ability to start the car, no fob battery, if the fob is held very close to the start button. So both the case of dead car battery and dead fob battery can be worked around fairly simply.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And it has an RFID-like ability to start the car, no fob battery, if the fob is held very close to the start button. So both the case of dead car battery and dead fob battery can be worked around fairly simply.
Good to know -- thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts