10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just look at some of the literature from the Civic launch, anyone care to explain what Agile handling assist is?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm just look at some of the literature from the Civic launch, anyone care to explain what Agile handling assist is?
I believe it is Honda's name for brake torque vectoring, or selectively applying the brakes to individual wheels to prevent wheel spin etc.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it is Honda's name for brake torque vectoring, or selectively applying the brakes to individual wheels to prevent wheel spin etc.
oh LOL... I thought torque vectoring was just torque vectoring...

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think that each company gives theirs a specific name mostly for patenting reasons. The systems works differently from brand to brand because you don't want to have to pay to use the patents of other companies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
VENT ALERT:
Honda doesn't think that any of us are intelligent enough to need to know any of the details of their features, just the fancy buzzwords, so we will want to run out and throw money at their products. Although, I think that the stability control and AHA features are basically good things, I sure would like to have some detailed information on:

- How they work.
- The exact conditions, under which they provide modifications to the original "steering and brakes" operation of the car.
- What owner controlled options are available to modify the behavior of these features (again, detailed).
(Exactly, what effect the stability button has to modify the behavior).

Whew! Got that off my chest!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts