10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked mine up 2 hours from home, and got 37 mpg on the way back. There are trips that I get upper 40s on. Even hit 48mpg on a short 45 minute trip.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm only at 30mpg average currently but I've been a little spirited and hilly back roads. As soon as I start commuting to work with it on more highway driving (tomorrow) I expect it to go up. But I'm not going to reset the computer, I going to let the average go up by itself.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
just came back from a long trip in Nova Scotia and did it all on the same gas tank...i did 800km with 45$ of premium gas

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm averaging 42 MPG and also got 48 MPG on a 4 hr. trip to Los Angeles. Use the econ mode most of the time and drive pretty much in rural towns in my area.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am getting 27-28 in mostly heavy city driving. Can push high 40's mgh on highway at 65 or below. Above 65 gets a 10-20% drop in fuel economy.

I can't tell hardly any difference with Economode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got back from a weekend retreat with my family and I managed 37 MPG on a 100 mile trip.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Best was 42 mpg on a highway trip. Averaging 34 mpg in mixed driving. I leave it in D and only use Sport for merging or if there is a really good rock song on the radio. :)

My Subaru's average is 24, so happier with the Honda at the pump, because they both use high octane gas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
would be good if adding manual or cvt and the trim you have

800kms a tank is great - I'm surprise. As a comparison, with my 09 fit, manual, as I haven't done the civic swap yet....on a full tank reg gas, 45L, I'll get a good 510kms highway at casual driving speeds 100-115,and 3 in the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
With my '17 Si I am averaging overall about 35.5 with a bit over 3,000 miles. I've gotten as high as 40 on a freeway trip (with indicated speeds up to 96!)

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
26.6.All 35mph roads but only 5 miles from home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought this car (2018 Civic Sport CVT) for my wife to drive our kids to school and run errands. The SUV gas mileage was not great for this job. The car salesman says he gets 42mpg because he mostly drives freeway without traffic. He says based on my wife's 70/30 city: highway mix, we should see 35mpg. So, after some research, I bought this car off the lot. (I wanted the SI, but, the wife can't drive stick shift.)

So far, in 3 months, we have logged 3200 miles. The average mpg on the dash says 28.9 over the course of this 3200 miles. I am pretty disappointed. Especially, when Honda says city is 31 mpg. So, you'd think we would get something around 31+.

Honda checked out the car and said "everything is fine" and we should "turn off econ mode to get better gas mileage." When we picked up the car at the dealership, the person doing the "intro to the car" told us that econ mode is more fuel efficient. What is your recommendation? (we listened to Honda service technician and turned off econ mode for a few tanks to see if it gets any better. Nope. It's worse now. We used to see the counter say about 350 miles per tank. Now, with econ off, it counts down like it's getting 300 miles per tank.)

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. (I have a buddy who bought the exact same car 2 months before us in Standard Transmission. He gets 38 average mpg is a mix of 50/50 driving.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts