10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Such as a BMW? Obviously there's going to be a difference I'm simply curious what the differences are. The Touring seems pretty full featured.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Such as a BMW? Obviously there's going to be a difference I'm simply curious what the differences are. The Touring seems pretty full featured.
A Civic Touring IS a Luxury car, and its sporty too. Have you driven one? It's got features even a BMW doesn't have. Test drives are free, go check one out. And when it comes to repairs or maintenance, the civic will be so much cheaper.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The difference is only going to be maybe some horsepower, but the trade off is a huge MPG hit. The Touring model '16 Civic is about as luxury as you can find! Of course some will argue there are a few cheaper components/materials (like the floor carpeting), but I cover it up with weathertech floor mats so it doesn't matter.

The advantage of the Civic over ANY luxury car is that it is mass produced, so parts are cheap, plentiful, and there are solutions to every issue because of the quantity of sheer quantity of cars out there.

I could never justify the extra initial cost, maintenance cost, parts cost, premium fuel difference + less MPG in luxury cars.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
reliability.

most people buying BMW's from what I have noticed have on good reason for buying it.
the only way you'll find me in a BMW is if it's an M version or a top of the line 7 series, anything less and I rather have a Lexus/Acura or even a Toyota/Honda.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think that it really comes to design and packaging. The interior, the materials, the design, the options to customize the vehicle, the prestige and status that comes along with the badge.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I think ppl go for the BMW for the brand and power but other than that the Civic touring is luxurious for a great price point. Also depends on which BMW model you're comparing to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts