10th Honda Civic Forum banner

181 - 200 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tried to read most of this thread. My complaints are similar to most:

- No homelink in EX and above
- No sunglasses holder

- No compass - Apparently only in Touring.

Here is something that annoys me and trips me up daily - That GIANT seat belt buckle latch for driver and passenger. Anyone know why this was replaced from the slimmer version (as in the rears) to this new buckle? When I go to unbuckle, I press on the buckle itself thinking its the release button. So.****.annoying!

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
4 months ownership and I still love my EXT.The 1.5 is proven to surprise me at how much we can tune more power with only a intake.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
4 months ownership and I still love my EXT.The 1.5 is proven to surprise me at how much we can tune more power with only a intake.
Even more impressive will be how Honda improves power output and fuel efficiency of this engine in the coming years. As always they never go full all out and always leave room for growth ;)

The only questions at that point are; when and exactly what kind of improvements

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Ive seen some figures of VitVipers Civic EX-T MT thats tuned on 91 octane hitting some impressive amounts of torque.

https://blog.vittuned.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
2016 Civic is HORRIBLE- stains like nothing I have every seen!

I wanted to trade it in less than a month after purchasing because the fabric is so disgusting. I was literally at the dealer in tears. My brand new car that I was paying a lot of money for looked 10 years old within 10 days of purchasing it.

I love Honda and I have always been very satisfied with my Honda purchases. I bought the 2016 Civic with tan cloth seats and within a week, the interior looked like it was 10 years old. You can't put ANYTHING on a seat without it leaving some type of stain. If you try to clean it, it leaves watermark looking stains. I have had leather and cloth in my previous Honda purchases (and other brands) and never had issues like this. I understand if I was putting dirty items on the seats or something unusual, but I don't. I am very disappointed and I can't stand getting in the car because it looks awful. I stopped by the dealership less than a month after purchasing it, and the salesman acknowledged that it looked bad but no resolution. I stopped by a few weeks ago and asked if complaints had been issued. He said he hadn't heard anything. I asked him to look at the seat and again, acknowledged that it was "awful." Any other?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer has no fix for known issue with keyless smart entry. This forum won't allow me to post link to service bulletin.
After car door is locked for ten minutes, comfort access does not allow operation. No attempt was made to repair under warranty by the dealer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I asked him to look at the seat and again, acknowledged that it was "awful." Any other?
My wife saw this coming when she turned off to the Cosmic Blue paint. We could only get it in the lighter fabric and she was dead set against that. We are glad we went with black on black.
These days though they make seat covers as luxurious as you wish to spend on them. You should consider it to prevent them from getting worse than they are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any threads on horn replacements for the 2016s? I was in my 2016 Civic Touring last night and had to warn a driver who was changing lanes without checking that it was clear (IOW, I was "in the way"). She managed to hear the horn, but it sounded like the automotive equivalent of a 2 year old child wailing in the supermarket checkout because mom or dad wouldn't buy them a candy bar. :(

Honda did put a boatload of features in the new Civic, especially in the Touring. But they really dropped the ball on a few inexpensive items that many would appreciate them adding or improving (the anemic horn, the glove compartment with the door that crudely flops down and lacks a light and a lock, no sunglasses compartment, etc.). If they were trying to save money, for example I could survive without rear seat heaters in a mainstream compact car. But off all of those things, the horn is the most frustrating to me.

Thanks!
If they haven't got a horn upgrade yet, they need to! Absolutely the most pathetic sounding horn I have EVER heard... it's not a warning device, it's a cause for getting laughed at (as you get into an accident because your horn couldn't be heard anyway!) Horrible!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Picked up my Energy Green EX- T manual Coupe last night. In the 150kms I've driven it here are my early thoughts:

Cons:

- It needs a 'gurney flap/spoiler' for the sunroof. Going at any speed the thumping is bad. Need to crack the window open. My previous car, a Kia Rio, had one.
- The horn. It sounds like there should be a "Hello Kitty" hood decal.
- The floor mats. Cheap. Like cardboard with peach fuzz.

Pros:
- Everything else. The way it sounds, goes, stops, turns. It's looks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe I missed it on other posts (didn't read them all)....BIGGEST dislike so far....TURBO LAG, TURBO LAG, TURBO LAG, etc. !!
Since there is and has been an aftermarket fix for it, ya think Honda would have found a viable way to incorporate it without owners spending $1000 to do it themselves. I've driven many cars with back-up cameras...this is one of the worse. Recently drove a new Mazda3 that had most of the same electronic controls that Honda has awkwardly (tiny) crammed on to the steering column that were mounted on the console. The console positioning of the Mazda controls felt much more natural and accessible. As many others have mentioned...built-in headliner eye glasses holder. C'mon Honda, that's a very convenient/inexpensive feature that I'm certain 90% of all new cars have today. One other disconcerting dislike....I've own my new Honda for about 5 months, and still haven't heard from corporate Honda asking about my new purchase and any of my LIKES and DISLIKES. Well, maybe they'll take an interest and log 0n to this forum since they can't seem to be bothered or care enough to inquire themselves !! Maybe they just need a lesson in customer support...

·
Registered
32 Posts
What is the point of the trunk button on the key fob? Do not like how it doesn't "pop" the truck open like on my 13 civic. I'm not really sure what it does. If all it does is unlock the trunk that's dumb. You still have to find the button, push it and lift the hatch. I'm surprised at Honda.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
No volume knob on the EXT.

·
Registered
235 Posts
What is the point of the trunk button on the key fob? Do not like how it doesn't "pop" the truck open like on my 13 civic. I'm not really sure what it does. If all it does is unlock the trunk that's dumb. You still have to find the button, push it and lift the hatch. I'm surprised at Honda.
Honda uses the same key fob for all models, and while that trunk button does nothing on the Civic it does do something on other models. In the past Honda has created different key fobs for different models, but that is expensive and (in my opinion) silly.

Your car might be different, but with the fob in my pocket the trunk unlocks as soon as I press on the button next to the back-up camera, negating the need for even thinking about that trunk button. Just ignore it as it isn't hurting anything.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Honda uses the same key fob for all models, and while that trunk button does nothing on the Civic it does do something on other models. In the past Honda has created different key fobs for different models, but that is expensive and (in my opinion) silly.

Your car might be different, but with the fob in my pocket the trunk unlocks as soon as I press on the button next to the back-up camera, negating the need for even thinking about that trunk button. Just ignore it as it isn't hurting anything.
Yep, I currently have an 08 Accord and a 13 Civic. The trunk button on those key fobs is VERY useful, since one would have to use an actual key to open the trunk. Again, surprised at Honda's lack of ingenuity on this one, especially considering the amount of communication modules in the new Civic. But I'm over it already.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hate that the Si didn't come in hatchback form. I hate that the Sport Touring doesn't come in manual, or that the Sport doesn't have a sunroof, or that any sunroof models of the hatchback don't come in manual. I hate that the Si didn't have a detuned type r engine.

·
Super Moderator
424 Posts
So it's not a stretch that Honda could do this. Canadian sport has 6-speed and sunroof. The accord is reportedly getting a detuned 2lt turbo in 2018, as for a hatch SI unless they put the 2.0lt in it that wouldn't be enough of a difference to have both. Having said that I don't get the SI now, other than the limited slip you can bolt on and tune the coupe and get the same results or better.

181 - 200 of 208 Posts