10th Honda Civic Forum banner

201 - 203 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
What is the point of the trunk button on the key fob? Do not like how it doesn't "pop" the truck open like on my 13 civic. I'm not really sure what it does. If all it does is unlock the trunk that's dumb. You still have to find the button, push it and lift the hatch. I'm surprised at Honda.
This is so inconsequential, it's not even funny. C'mon, everyone knows it is harder to close than to open. Please revise or refrain. :surprise:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 2017 EX-T. There is almost NO engine braking unless you move the lever to S or L. In fact, once you're up to about 25 MPH, it will continue down the road without using the accelerator pedal.

The real gripe is the fuzzy logic. If you drive aggressively, accelerating in S, and suddenly lift the accelerator pedal, the transmission will shift between idle (as in freewheeling) and about 2,500 RPM. Drive reasonably, and this doesn't happen. If you ask Honda about this, they tell you to talk to your dealer. Great, they don't know, and we don't have a factory rep at the present. Sort of like be in Purgatory!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The turbocharged Civic is only available with a CVT. This may prompt some drivers to stick with the base engine.

201 - 203 of 203 Posts