10th Honda Civic Forum banner

201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
What is the point of the trunk button on the key fob? Do not like how it doesn't "pop" the truck open like on my 13 civic. I'm not really sure what it does. If all it does is unlock the trunk that's dumb. You still have to find the button, push it and lift the hatch. I'm surprised at Honda.
This is so inconsequential, it's not even funny. C'mon, everyone knows it is harder to close than to open. Please revise or refrain. :surprise:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 2017 EX-T. There is almost NO engine braking unless you move the lever to S or L. In fact, once you're up to about 25 MPH, it will continue down the road without using the accelerator pedal.

The real gripe is the fuzzy logic. If you drive aggressively, accelerating in S, and suddenly lift the accelerator pedal, the transmission will shift between idle (as in freewheeling) and about 2,500 RPM. Drive reasonably, and this doesn't happen. If you ask Honda about this, they tell you to talk to your dealer. Great, they don't know, and we don't have a factory rep at the present. Sort of like be in Purgatory!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The turbocharged Civic is only available with a CVT. This may prompt some drivers to stick with the base engine.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sorry, what?

The Civic Hatchback in LX trim is available with the 6-speed. The Civic Sport Hatchback and the Sport Touring Hatchback models are both turbocharged (180hp) and available with the 6-speed, as is the Civic Coupé in Sport trim. The Civic Si (both sedan and coupé) comes ONLY with a 6-speed manual (though the Si has the 205hp 1.5L). . . The Civic Type R is also turbocharged (2.0L and 306hp) and comes only with the 6-speed manual.

So I guess I'm curious about the comments regarding the turbo only being available with the CVT; it's simply not true, at least on USDM models. Results may vary worldwide.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate I just bought a 2016 LX manual with 50,000km and I learn this gen has a lot of problems.

What I love is how good the engine feels for a 2.0

Love driving manual again.

Coming from a 2010 Charger V6 All Wheel Drive. Really hope the Honda reliability rings true for me, that's why I didn't get another Charger.

Already suffering the intermittent driver's door lock issue though.

P.S. I love that they made the car with a REAL KEY and not just a silly fob.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The fit and finish of the outside of the vehicle is not as great as older Civics. My car also has several creaks and rattles at such a few months old despite the car had ZERO creaks and rattles the first few weeks i had this civic. Very fuel efficient and decently fun to drive though. Decent car overall but man this car looks so old and cheap compared to the new Mazda 3 and 2021 elantra. Hopefully honda improves the quality for the new civic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for the translation, since May I have a civic SI 2020. I try every day not to compare with my Civic if 2014. First the buttons on the steering wheel are cheap it's horrible. Second behind the exhausts, there are two huge holes where sand and earth accumulate in winter, Honda should have thought of a better overall finish under this vehicle. Third, a hand brake with a button, a sports car without a hand brake (manual) is completely stupid. Finally the engine compartment under the hood is awful.

201 - 208 of 208 Posts