10th Honda Civic Forum banner

161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Assuming the grid is in series, if any line of the grid is broken (open circuit), then the meter would show a resistance of "infinity" (no continuity) and you no longer have a complete circuit. If the meter shows "continuity", it means the circuit is still complete, and a small amount of resistance (ohms) will be displayed on the meter.
The individual grid lines are in parallel. The fact that just one line can stop defrosting proves this. If they were in series, then one break in any one line would take them all out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I kinda like the dual personality this car has between driving in D and S modes with the 1.5 l turbo and CVT tranny.

Driving in D mode it just feels like a slightly stronger Civic, good for my wife or son to drive. Putting it in S mode completely transforms the power level, the turbo is so much more pronounced when the CVT tranny gearing is kept higher by the programming changes. The differences are quite dramatic, best of both worlds.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I kinda like the dual personality this car has between driving in D and S modes with the 1.5 l turbo and CVT tranny.

Driving in D mode it just feels like a slightly stronger Civic, good for my wife or son to drive. Putting it in S mode completely transforms the power level, the turbo is so much more pronounced when the CVT tranny gearing is kept higher by the programming changes. The differences are quite dramatic, best of both worlds.
Couldn't have said it better myself^^^^

·
Registered
126 Posts
Couldn't have said it better myself^^^^
Thanks, also, my most recent highway trip was a four hour drive, at 70 mph, and consumption over the 4 hour trip was 5.2 litres / 100 kms , that's about 45 mph in US units. Pretty cheap driving.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The individual grid lines are in parallel. The fact that just one line can stop defrosting proves this. If they were in series, then one break in any one line would take them all out.
You are correct sir...I was just trying to explain "continuity" to the less technical. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
If "S" is for spirited; than "D" must be for dull !
D and econ modes really dumb down the electronic throttle control. They open the throttle slower and perhaps less, good for fuel economy and emissions, but slower response obviously doesn't feel as good.

Cruising on a boring 4-hour highway drive I don't mind being in D and econ mode, I'm good with maximum fuel economy. Besides driving in S mode on the highway ratchets up the rpms quite high, you don't really want to drive long distances in S mode. S-mode is better for urban driving commutes when you want to retain maximum response and keep the rpms in the meaty part of the power band. It's a huge difference between the two settings though. I like both for different conditions.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's why its great to have a manual, just bang through the gears as you normally would :D

Yeah I can understand that for sure.

I got the CVT as my wife and son will be driving the car. I insisted on getting a model that had the paddle shifters to give me the sense of shifting gears when I was bored. Although there are days when I don't feel like shifting gears and I have another 6 speed manual sports car that I can drive in my garage. Overall I've been very pleased with the CVT choice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update on my Vehicle 2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan:

Rear Defrost: They kept my vehicle overnight and they are able to see and take pictures of the line that was not defrosting. Service manager have put in an order for a replacement back window. Waiting for call back for the install.

Rattle in Rear Speakers: Rattle has come back and I had them look at it again. The service manager determined that one of the rear seat belts is causing the rattle. He explained that the ball bearing that locks the seat belt during a sudden stop is the cause. He ordered a replacement to be replaced the same time that the window gets replace. He did warn me that there is a chance that I will still have the rattle even after the seat belt replacement. We shall see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any threads on horn replacements for the 2016s? I was in my 2016 Civic Touring last night and had to warn a driver who was changing lanes without checking that it was clear (IOW, I was "in the way"). She managed to hear the horn, but it sounded like the automotive equivalent of a 2 year old child wailing in the supermarket checkout because mom or dad wouldn't buy them a candy bar. :(

Honda did put a boatload of features in the new Civic, especially in the Touring. But they really dropped the ball on a few inexpensive items that many would appreciate them adding or improving (the anemic horn, the glove compartment with the door that crudely flops down and lacks a light and a lock, no sunglasses compartment, etc.). If they were trying to save money, for example I could survive without rear seat heaters in a mainstream compact car. But off all of those things, the horn is the most frustrating to me.

Thanks!
Hi... newbie here... were you able to locate a horn upgrade?? If not, here is a link of who may have what you're looking for. Visit College Hills Honda and enter "horn" into search... they had several options to pick from. Not sure which year/model of Hondas that these are meant for... may be universal. College Hills Honda is a very good site for accessories...Their installation videos are bar none the best!! ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I mostly love my Civic, but the Display Audio system is for the birds. Bluetooth constantly disconnects and reconnects; USB thumb drive has no pause function and turns off the Random All Tracks whenever it feels like it; the Audio Off button is insanely sensitive while every other control needs a good thwack (even set to high sensitivity); when I connect my phone to the front USB connector the system doesn't see it; Hondalink doesn't see the phone on BT, it only sees the phone on Wifi/tethering. TBF, this doesn't seem to be Honda-specific fail as my 2014 Sonic's MyLink system had similar UX and connectivity issues with multiple other phones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The drivers side seat in the LX is terrible. There is no lumbar adjustment , and it feels like a huge knot in my side. My long commute is killing me. My 2012, 2009, and 2005 civics were not a problem. I may have to switch cars with my son. His 2007 civic is comfortable. I have read on other sites where this was an issue with taller people. I'm 6'2.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I didn't read the whole thread yet, but:

I've had my car for just over 2 weeks and the one thing that's really missing is the sunglass cubby in the roof console I don't know why they left it out but I can't stand it but other than that haven't had any problems
No kidding.

Does anyone know if there are any threads on horn replacements for the 2016s? I was in my 2016 Civic Touring last night and had to warn a driver who was changing lanes without checking that it was clear (IOW, I was "in the way"). She managed to hear the horn, but it sounded like the automotive equivalent of a 2 year old child wailing in the supermarket checkout because mom or dad wouldn't buy them a candy bar. :(

Honda did put a boatload of features in the new Civic, especially in the Touring. But they really dropped the ball on a few inexpensive items that many would appreciate them adding or improving (the anemic horn, the glove compartment with the door that crudely flops down and lacks a light and a lock, no sunglasses compartment, etc.). If they were trying to save money, for example I could survive without rear seat heaters in a mainstream compact car. But off all of those things, the horn is the most frustrating to me.

Thanks!
I replaced a wimpy wimpy horn in my 2013 Soul with an Ooogah! horn. Just find a place to bolt it in and plug and play.

Bookoo aftermarket horns. Train whistle is usually effective.

I love the lane change camera on the right mirror!
THAT is so cool!
I drove an Acura ILX and missed it. Also no sunglass compartment in Acura either. WTF.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For the HATCHBACK LX

Like:
*Style, practicality, torque/power, and efficiency. The right balance of sport and comfort.
*Hill hold & power park brake, backup camera.
*Turbo engine, alloy wheels, with the least expensive LX HB.
*Real knobs for stereo and HVAC. Shark fin antenna.

Dislike:
*No automatic braking
*Not enough interior lighting around controls, cubicles, floor.
*Fabric inner well liners seems cheap. Bumper plastic feels loose. Paint drip bubbles at base of doors. Watermarks in paint.
*Artificial shifts on the CVT. (Want to turn off the fake stuff that satisfies people who don't understand how a CVT works.)
*Heavy hood
*Can't get fingers under spoilers to clean
*Back seats don't adjust angle.

161 - 180 of 208 Posts