10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I own, since new, a 2016 Honda Civic LX with roughly 150k miles on it.
At about 20k miles a whirling at thumping sound developed from the front passenger wheel. This would typically start after the vehicle was driven for 30 minutes and only be audible at over 70+ mph.

This issue has gotten worse and now shows up after 5+ mph after the car backs up by at least 1 rotation of the tire.

Some repairs done.
  • Frame repeated checked for damage.
  • Knuckle replaced: 2x.
  • Entire brake assembly replaced
  • Coils, Struts, shocks replaced 2x.
  • Stability bar / ties, Ball Joint, CV Axel, All wheel hubs / assemblies / bearings 2 - 3x
  • Tire and Rims
Brakes Pads/Rotors and wheel bearing are now failing almost monthly. Car cannot be aligned and is difficult to drive. When driving the vehicle slightly rocks from side to side. The front passenger dips down at 20+ mph.

Over the last few months I have brought it into 2 private mechanics and 4 dealerships. Typically they cannot reproduce the issue. All tell me variations of needing to start replacing parts that were just replaced, because they don't know if the previous dealership installed them correctly.

Has anyone run into a similar issues, or have suggestions as to a cause that may have been overlooked?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just recently got under my 2020 si and just looked stuff over and can't remember which one but one of the cv's has an idler bearing that bolts to trans or engine I was just checking it all out and everything looked fine under mine so that's mainly why I'm not 100% clear on exact location or which one but that's 100% a suspect bearing that I'm sure could add a lot of friction that could be passed through the drivetrain! Maybe have it checked or one would think if they replaced cv axles they would've replaced that bearing as well but I also wouldn't be certain I don't trust anyone working on my vehicles except me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts