10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know when it comes out next month it'll be a hot item and I'm not even ready to buy yet. But say late May or June, do you expect I can get a decent deal on one? At least comparable to what I'm seeing today for the sedan?

Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
It costs nothing but your time to find out. I would say if you are prepared to order one, put some money down on it, and know what your numbers should be, you should be able to negotiate a price. Visit multiple dealers and play their pricing against each other. If it's coming out next month, they've already ordered them and you can too. Delivery is usually 6 to 8 weeks after the dealer places the order.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I'll probably wait until the end of this year for those big sales, when they want their year end numbers to look nice but I'm willing to wait. Up to you and how much of a discount you want.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I don't think you'll see big discounts but depending where you are buying you can usually get a little discount or maybe so free options thrown in or something. Don't expect much when it first comes out though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When it first comes out, there will be no negotiation, you'll pay sticker price. If you want a better deal wait about 6 months after it comes out
Is it just because it's a coupe? Because I can get a good price on the sedan right now and it's only been out for 2-3 months.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
It's down to haggling and going to various dealerships to get the best price if you want it asap.
Here's one good way suggested by someone else:
Not sure which model you were inquiring about but I priced one out for the 2016 DX model using unhaggle.com and they provided a dealer cost. So if you know what the dealer gets the car for you have some room for bargaining.

And just see which dealership is willing to price as close to what you want as possible.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The dealership needs to make money as well. Negotiation is expected too. I just remember listening to a podcast about a dealership trying to meet quotas and such. It can be a pretty high pressure game for the dealers as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts