10th Honda Civic Forum banner

White Civic Hatchback Spotted

13K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  rimini 
Hopefully along with the new platform underpinning the next CTR there will come a certain level of refinement over the current 9th gen CTR. Reviews online talk about what a terrible daily driver it is (compared to the GTI clubsport) because the setup is so firm and harsh on regular roads... the CTR currently really only functions comfortably as a track car. The new platform offers a chance to have a selectable drive mode (like the NSX) which will either make the car a high power daily driver OR a track beast.

If people are going to spend $30k+ on the new CTR they're going to expect it to function not just as a track car, but as a (at least reasonably) comfortable daily driver as well. A configurable drive mode selector would accomplish that.
FK2 is not harder than the FN2.... I have one, and its actually not bad at all for daily driving.

I agree though it might be interesting to make an even softer setup via selectable drive mode for daily driving.

It's hard to really judge the current CTR because it's based mostly on European reviewers and they have vastly different opinions on what makes a good car... plus their roads are often in worse shape so they have that to consider as well. Without long term reviews on american roads by american reviewers it's hard to really form a true opinion of the car.
Well, I live in Denmark, and we have much better roads than US has mostly ;)

Its not harder than the FN2, and if they make it much softer, it would ruin the traction since its FWD.

Electronically selectable with 3 options or something, I agree something could be made.

But anyway, its not bad at all for daily driving if +R button is not pressed (remember there is already 2 options).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.