10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While some of the reasons we won't be getting the 2016 type r is scattered throughout the form, this video brings together all the key points and reasons why and gives insight into the type r we will be getting.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Thanks for posting this for us. It does explain things much more clearly. Waiting for the 10th Gen Type R isn't really the worst thing.

How will the next Type R be for everyone as opposed to the current gen one though? What changes will be made in order for it to appeal more to both Americans and the rest of the world (Europe and Japan)?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Thanks for posting this for us. It does explain things much more clearly. Waiting for the 10th Gen Type R isn't really the worst thing.

How will the next Type R be for everyone as opposed to the current gen one though? What changes will be made in order for it to appeal more to both Americans and the rest of the world (Europe and Japan)?
I think the obvious thing would be styling.... more mature styling than the current (slightly ricey) Type R...

Also, the Fit platform the current CTR rides on as well as the way it's set up i think appeals more to fans of the old British hot hatches of the past that were unrefined and somewhat harsh.

The next type R will be larger. Better looking. Have better quality materials and more refined sense of performance. I think that would make most cars appeal to larger audience. Available tech and price point will be a big one as well. I'd be shocked if they did, but if they could actually use the cost savings of the new platform and lower the price here for american consumption so that it'll undercut all it's main rivals, honda would have a huge winner in the Type R here.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I think that it will definitely get a bit bigger since the Americans love bigger vehicles.

But what does "refined sense of performance" really mean? Is it not a well performing vehicle right now?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I think that it will definitely get a bit bigger since the Americans love bigger vehicles.

But what does "refined sense of performance" really mean? Is it not a well performing vehicle right now?
It does perform well... but it's unrefined... like... a feral animal. It's bouncy and skips over bumps. And the "R Mode" just opens it all up completely. Also the lower grade 9th gen interior and the bolt on aftermarket looking body kit.

The new 10th gen will be all new from the ground up. Honda will be able to refine and take advantage of the new platform, nicer interior and new sporty styling to create a more refined sense of performance that doesn't come off as boy racer / unrefined feral cat the current car has an air about it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
So are you saying that it might be something more to do with the suspension setup? That would be what affects the bounciness and bumps, right?

And then other than that its just a matter of aesthetic things like interior, materials, design, etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts