10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone use the WiFi feature? How do you use it and what do you use it for?
Before loading this feature there is a warning that it might mess up some other sound functions (not sure of exact wording)....doesn't that bother you?...I'm afraid to move on from that warning. I would like to use the WiFi feature.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i use it, absolutely no problemes with it. Its as usefull as haveing a laptop with internet in your car. good for when you need to chck something on line when shopping, wife uses it for checking stuff on the net, facebook when we have a long ride.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i use it, absolutely no problemes with it. Its as usefull as haveing a laptop with internet in your car. good for when you need to chck something on line when shopping, wife uses it for checking stuff on the net, facebook when we have a long ride.

Ok.Thank you!

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's amazing. Completely free and does stuff you can't already do with your phone.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you use the WiFi for and how do you connect it to the hotspot? Has it affected the sound quality as the message warns? Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What do you use the WiFi for and how do you connect it to the hotspot? Has it affected the sound quality as the message warns? Thanks.
it doesnt affect anything at all. to conect it, turn on hotspot on your cell, then go to wifi connection, locate your hotspot, enter passcode and voila, its that simple. you can also connect it to any available wifi connection within reach thats unlocked, good if you have wifi at wrk for free, during your lunch hour you can surf the net from your car :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it doesnt affect anything at all. to conect it, turn on hotspot on your cell, then go to wifi connection, locate your hotspot, enter passcode and voila, its that simple. you can also connect it to any available wifi connection within reach thats unlocked, good if you have wifi at wrk for free, during your lunch hour you can surf the net from your car
Thanks for that answer?.

·
Registered
65 Posts
it doesnt affect anything at all. to conect it, turn on hotspot on your cell, then go to wifi connection, locate your hotspot, enter passcode and voila, its that simple. you can also connect it to any available wifi connection within reach thats unlocked, good if you have wifi at wrk for free, during your lunch hour you can surf the net from your car :)
I'm confused. How is that better than surfing from your phone or tablet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm confused. How is that better than surfing from your phone or tablet?
screen is bigger then your phone and no need to carry around your tablet, at this point its more of a personal choice, one isnt obliged to use it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok. Is the indash screen mirroring your phone, or does it have it's own browser etc?

I can mirror my phone to the car's screen but still have to do all the inputs on the phone. Useful with an app like WAZE while rolling along though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok. Is the indash screen mirroring your phone, or does it have it's own browser etc?

I can mirror my phone to the car's screen but still have to do all the inputs on the phone. Useful with an app like WAZE while rolling along though.
actually, theres also carplay , but i rather use its own browser

·
Registered
65 Posts
actually, theres also carplay , but i rather use its own browser
Do you mean the phone's own browser? Meaning the phone is being mirrored?

Or a separate browser that's native to the car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you mean the phone's own browser? Meaning the phone is being mirrored?

Or a separate browser that's native to the car?
with hotspot its a shared conection to the internet, its not a mirror image of the phone, you can use hotspot to connect anything to your phone, it has absolutely nothing todo with what the phne has or looks like. you conect to it, then open google on your radio and do whatever you want todo. very simple, you seem to wanna make it complicated for no reason :) lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
via hotspot on my iphone
Hey! I'm trying to use the hot spot with my Honda. And I do all the steps, when it said connecting it conect for about a few seconds and then a message on the screen appears with "can't conect bla bla bla check your phones.

I don't know what to do : (

1 - 19 of 19 Posts