10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone has found any wind/rain deflectors for the hatchback that are high quality? I found one that seems to be reputable but it is the clip on type which I dislike. I'd prefer a nice 3M stick on.

I'm pretty sure that the sedan deflectors won't fit the Hatchback but I could be wrong. Does anyone have info on this?

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
just in case you may have missed it...or needed to know...

these are 'IN-CHANNEL' mounted version.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I saw those on eBay too but wasn't sure on them because they only have the one image of them on the car and the image is low quality. They look pretty nice though.

What does in-channel mean exactly?

·
Registered
382 Posts
means they mount in the window channel. they don't stick on the outside of the car. they don't clip on. the visors have a thin 'tab' if you will...that will slide up into the same channel as the window does. usually, they have 3M tape you peel...and leave the windows up for a day or two to set the tape.

these usually will never come off unless you want them too. car washes, weather, wind won't affect them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would say do the Mugen Style or even the OEM but yeah avoid Weathertech.. their visors usually do not fit right in the channel and tend to cause issues. I know mine on my 15 coupe were installed correct but kept causing issues with the window itself. WT said they must have been installed wrong but I even had a local certified WT dealer and installer look at them and they said point blank, these were not made correctly for my window. The things ended up cracking because they were not correct for the window. WT makes great floor mats and such but not visors.

-R

·
Registered
382 Posts
if you read the description....they specifically state:

JDM In-Channel Style.

but, if no one wants to actually read what they are buying...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone has found any wind/rain deflectors for the hatchback that are high quality? I found one that seems to be reputable but it is the clip on type which I dislike. I'd prefer a nice 3M stick on.

I'm pretty sure that the sedan deflectors won't fit the Hatchback but I could be wrong. Does anyone have info on this?

Thank you in advance.
Hi, I have the Genuine Mugen wind deflectors on sale on eBay now if your interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts